RE: Scinence is the devil.

Dr. Bob,

Do you ever find it strange that people who claim to be Christians exude such pious, judgemental attitudes when the namesake of the Christian Religion, Jesus Christ, was known for his compassion and for his refusal to proclaim "righteous" judgment against others even when the letter of the law gave him just cause? Moreover, isn't it ironic that supposed Christians spew forth so much hatred when the namesake of the religion commanded that we all love our neighbors as we love ourselves? You know, I have read the Bible many times, and I don't recall Jesus ever qualifying that "love your neighbors" command to exclude gays, Muslims, non-whites, or any other group that might not conform the majority.

In regards to science being the devil (insert bad Waterboy impersonation here), the Christian Bible also says that all knowledge comes from God since God is the only creator.

I am neither championing nor attacking the Christian religion here. I am just saying that if a person posts to this forum claiming to be a Christian, he or she should probably at least be familiar with the doctrine applied by his or her saviour. After all, the Bible says "judge not lest ye be judged." Perhaps our pious patrons should try to remember that when launching their vitriolic diatribes.

Thanks for your truly Christian comment!

Be well.

Scinence is the devil. Jul 15, 2008

We are taking science way to far. Yes there are many benefits that science can provide but ultimetly it will ruin us. The reason I am writing you this is because you believe in science and common scence, you also are gay, you are one of the few people who are going against everything religious people stand for and are going to bring and untimelyh end to this world.

" 'Scinence' is the devil"???? Scinence? What the hell is that??? As for "we are taking science way too far," sorry dearie, I couldn't disagree more. We are not taking science anywhere! Science is taking us. Leading us to better, more effective medications; to cures for diseases; to longer healthier lives. Science can help us not only combat disease and human suffering, but also global warming, food shortages, famine, poverty and other world ailments. Science also helps us understand where we came from (yes, evolution!) and will help us ultimately explore where we are going (space travel and exploration). You shouldn't fear science and knowledge; you should celebrate it.

I find it sad that you believe my innate sexual orientation is somehow going to bring an "untimelyh" end to this world. I'm also amazed that you consider me "one of the few people who are going against everything religious people stand for . . . ." I'm a physician who has devoted his life to helping others. I founded two medical clinics devoted to the comprehensive and compassionate care of those living with HIV/AIDS. I founded a tax-exempt charitable foundation that has raised well over one million dollars, providing crucial services for men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS worldwide. I have a committed loving 15-year relationship with my partner, Steve Natterstad, M.D. (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum). Thanks to the California Supreme Court decision, we are now planning our marriage. Now remind me again exactly what about my life do you and "regilious people" find so appalling? And may I ask exactly what you have done with your life to better humankind and help those in need? Do you really feel your god will reward you or even approve of your judgment and condemnation of me? If he or she is just, perhaps folks like me will be welcomed into the afterlife and narrow-minded twits like you might be sent to reside with that imaginary "devil" you fear so much. I do believe in karma and your meanspirited judgmental remarks have just earned you some very bad cosmic karma. (Don't say I didn't warn you, if, in the next life, you are reborn as a dung beetle!) The best I can do is wish you enlightenment!!! (Oh, and also an improved spell-check function on your computer! "Scinence . . . scences . . . ultimetly . . . untimelyh . . . ." Such abdominal spelling speaks volumes about your intellectual proclivity as well as the quality of your educational endeavors to date.

need your advice- it really will affect my career and decision :-))))
RE: The recent post against "Scinence"