RE: Scinence is the devil.

I must vehemently disagree. In fact, "Science" is searching for a better understanding of God and God's creation.

If "the few people who are going against everything religious people stand for" refers to homosexuals, I agree with that. Religious people stand for "Do it my way, and only my way." Others doing things for their OWN contentment flies in the very face of religion. Succeeding on their own merits, instead of from someone else's charity... OH MY GOD! Sinners, every one!

Homosexuals go against everything science stands for as well (science strives to propagate the species, homosexuality does not), so I am not condoning that lifestyle. However, as a logical realist (scientist) I can't step into someone else's backyard and tell them "my way or the highway." Science wouldn't even propose the concept of torturing and killing the one and only person "without sin" so that it wouldn't have to take responcibility for it's own sins. That's absolutely political!

Shall we have another dance? This could get downright sinful.

Dr. B; Thank you for your generosity, compassion, charity, and most of all... tolerance. You are a better soul than I. Congratulations, and happy honeymoon. Enjoy your new tax rules.

Wow, that "scinence is the devil" post certainly generated a lot of comments. Thanks for submitting yours; however, I must take issue with two of your points:

1. "Homosexuals go against everything science stands for. Science strives to propagate the species, homosexuality does not." That's total poppycock! Homosexuality has existed in a great many animal species over the centuries. That a portion of a species is homosexual does not threaten the species. Homosexuality is not contagious! It doesn't spread. Nor does it get inherited. It's just a part of being alive. It is a normal aspect of the science of life.

2. ". . . I am not condoning that lifestyle." Homosexuality is not a lifestyle. It is a completely normal sexual orientation. Do you remember the exact day you decided on your heterosexual "lifestyle?" Did you wake up one morning and consciously decide to be attracted to the opposite sex or did it just happen normally??? Gay people do not decide to be gay. We can be, and certainly many of us are, proud to be gay, but we didn't choose our orientation any more than you did. Consequently, I don't need you or anyone to "condon" my sexual orientation anymore than I need to condone yours.

As for having another dance? Well, OK, but only if you become a bit more enlightened and, in a word, tolerant. Also, I'll lead.

Samir Chachoua (HIV VACCINE)
need your advice- it really will affect my career and decision :-))))