Reformed Office Tramp

Hi there, Bob MD!

So yes, I was sleeping with my former boss. So cliche, ugh. Anyway, my last unprotected encounter was about 2 years ago.

Finally grew up, got married (this time to someone who isn't actually married already) and now considering a family.

Having a child made me start wondering whether I had exposed myself. Certainly it was possible, though I consider my boss to have been very low risk.

But you never know, so I freak out, and suddenly begin to develop sore throat and sensation of swollen glands in neck and armpits.

So I finally grew a pair (or the female equivalent) and got tested with an independent testing center that uses LabCorp. Test comes back negative. Great. I'm out of the window period...all is good.

But the sore throat and gland thing continues to persist for weeks and weeks? Is it possible for my symptoms to be anxiety/hysteria related? Or should I get tested again?

Thanks. You should get the Nobel Peace Prize.

And oh yeah...Go Obama!

Sleeping with the former boss is a bit cliché. I certainly hope, in addition to your post-sex anxieties, you got a hefty pay raise, corner office with windows, extended vacations and a golden parachute when you left the company. If not, you got screwed. Hmm . . . oh yeah, I guess we knew that already, eh? And that returns us to your question!

Your HIV worries are unwarranted. Yes, unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. However, since your negative HIV test is out of the window period (three months), you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. A negative HIV test trumps symptoms each and every time. Could your symptoms be caused by anxiety/hysteria? Yep! Most likely this is indeed the case. I see absolutely no reason to consider retesting. Instead, why not just send the former boss and his wife an incriminating greeting card? Chances are you'd be doing his wife a favor by letting her know about her husband's late nights at the office.

Remember, HIV is not your problem, OK?

Be well. Stay well.

why are things so unfair!!!!
Dating in a Hetro World