From a Christian...couldn't really find an answer

Hello, Dr. Bob. I found this site in search of an answer to a question that is plaguing me. I recently strayed from my husband and had a sexual encounter with another man. We were both rather drunk, and therefore he was having trouble "getting it up". There was brief vaginal penetration, however, but since we had no condom and he wasn't very hard, the deed wasn't finished. Here's my question: Is it likely that any pre-ejaculate could have gotten in me? Logically, I think the answer is no. But it's still bothering me. This man is also married and has a child, so I don't think he is HIV+, but you just never know. Please send an answer, as I have searched the archives and haven't been able to locate one.

This service you provide and the patience you have to do it are truly remarkable. And since I am a Christian woman, I am going to say, "God bless you for all you do."

Thank you for your time, Healing in Florida

Another good Christian married woman from Florida having an unprotected drunken role in the hay with a drunken married man who had trouble "getting it up"???? Wow, you're like the seventh one this week! Maybe if the church would have swingers' parties instead of rallies to fight same-sex marriages and a woman's right to choose, they would have better attendance!?!

At any rate, Christian or not, married or not, unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. HIV can be transmitted in pre-ejaculatory fluid. Consequently, HIV testing at the three-month mark is warranted. I would also advise you level with your husband and use condoms for penetrative sex until you can confirm your negative HIV status. It's the right thing to do!

Thanks for your blessing. In return, I'm sending good-luck karma for a negative HIV test. I also strongly urge you to use latex condoms whenever you stray from your Christian traditions.

Be safe. Be well.

indeterminate test result
Please answer me ...