Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

So impress with your work that a pledge of donation monthly is needed.. Please just help me clarify this issue. please and thanks
Jul 15, 2008

Hi Dr BOB,

Thanks so much for providing so much to all the people on the internet. I really appreciate it.

I got this fear, that is, i have lots and lots of ulcers in my mouth and i kissed with a HIV + woman. There is also a abrasion on my ear and she licked it too. The kissing is just lips to lips abit wet but no tongue hockey ! but it's kinda wet with some ulcers on my lips as well.

Assuming she has blood in her salive, and she lick my ear with abrasion on it as well as kissed me. Do you think i am at a risk for HIV transmission.

Please Dr bob answer my question. I read through answers for hours in your website, however i feel that there is some small risk if there is blood involved. Just want to know the overall risk. Thanks Dr bob ...

i have committed around 50 dollars a month to be donated to your foundation. Oh yes, i feel that it's more than worth it doing this.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to evaluate the severity of abrasions or ulcers over the Internet. However, from the information provided, I would advise your HIV-acquisition risk is so remote that it's essentially nonexistent. However, if you're worried, a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark should help to put all your residual (unwarranted) fears permanently to rest. The test will undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your HIV test, should you decide to get one, will be negative. I'm very confident it would indeed be negative.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Infection Quick Drop
Next
Lipodystrophy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.