New Guy wants to know if he can do one of those woooooohooooo things?

Hello. Dr. Bob, I would first like to say that I have a friend of mine who is a constant visitor and question asker on your forum. He showed me the way to this site and all day I have been reading the forum! The work you do here is incredible.

After reading many of your humorous responses I was hoping you could tell me if I myself can woooohooooo?

I had an exposure and decided to wait the full 6 months just to make sure. I decided to get tested for HIV and Hepatitis C. I recieved my blood results from my doctor today.

My HIV test was "non-reactive"

I do not know if you know alot about Hepatitis C but my test results were from a HCV Quantasure Plus (Serial) and it said that I was <10 IU/mL. (Under that it says <10 indicates either complete absence of HCV RNA, or in rare cases low copy number below the detectable limit.)

1)In conclusion, does the "Non reactive" HIV blood test at 6 months mean that I am conclusive? Can I woooohoooo?

2)And is my HCV Quantasure Plus <10 Iu/mL mean that my Hep C test at 6 months is conclusive as well? Can I woohooo on that?

My friend wanted to tell you that his results were also negative and that he thanks you! He was scared of a lap dance, he said you get a million of those and that you were right once again! I am going to thank you ahead of time for all your help!

Hello Newbie!

Welcome to the forum.

1. "Non reactive" indeed does mean HIV negative. And since this test was six months after your potential exposure, it's definitive, conclusive and Dr. Bob-certified WOO-HOOable!

2. Yep. You are conclusively hepatitis C negative as well! So not only WOO-HOO, but also YABBA-DABBA-DO too!

Please send my best wishes and congratulatory WOO-HOO to your buddy as well, OK?

Be well. Stay well. Drop by anytime! We're here 24/7.

The Frascino Job: new movie idea.
"This is the business we've chosen...."