The Frascino Job: new movie idea.

Hi Dr. Bob, I just saw Bob Bowers- The Fire Within a story about an hiv survivor and the challenges he faces living 17 years at the time movie was made with hiv. It really made me cry and realize how precious each day of life really is. I was wondering why you dont put out a film call it whatever you like- i thought the Frascino Job for example but i bet you could spice that up a bit to your own style and film quite a show. Millions of people would love to see it. Just an idea.

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your kind comments. As for a Dr. Bob movie, well, as it turns out, you're not the first to suggest it (see below). There have also been suggestions for several books, such as a biography or a book of quotes, "Dr. Bobisms." And someone a while back wanted to create a Broadway musical about me. Hey! Now we're talking!

When's the Movie Coming Out? Oct 16, 2006

Hey Doc, Happy Camper, again, here. With the amount of work, contributions and sincere emotional support you've given to others, there should be a movie made about you. At least one made for T.V. I'm sure a network like "Lifetime" would take up such an opportunity. I'd watch it, and buy the DVD. Someone like Noah Wiley can play you. He needs a job and did play a doctor on ER. If not a movie, then, for sure, a biographical novel. It would be a best seller on my list. Let me know when either one will premere. Take Care Happy Camper

Hey Happy Camper,

Noah Wiley? Yeah, well OK, but I was kind of hoping for George Clooney or Brad Pitt.

"Lifetime," well, OK, but I was hoping for HBO. Fewer words would need to be beeped out.

Biographical novel? Well, OK, but I was hoping for a Harry Potter-type seven-book contract with movie rights.

So, if truth be told, I have done a professional TV commercial shot by a L.A. film studio and filmed on location in Florida. So far it has had only limited distribution. I also had a very brief appearance on the TV show "30 Days." I'm still hoping to be joining Ellen DeGeneres on stage for this year's Academy Awards show for one of these performances. . . . We'll see . . . .

Until then, I guess it's on to the next happy camper questioner.

Ciao,

We care Bob, how are YOU? May 26, 2004

Hi Bob,

As an avid reader since you started on the Safe Sex, Transmission, Educational forum I have thoroughly enjoyed first- your GREAT HUMOUR and of course the political tidbits. My question to you is about the future good sir. How are you??? Is your health ok? We regulars worry about you, but I guess with your vast HIV knowledge you are able to treat this bloody virus OK. I am really rooting for you Bob. This world needs you and i think you are a courageous fighter. Maybe one day somebody will make documentary about your life. I think it would be great cinema and a great story.

Your pal, Evan.

Hello Evan,

Both your concern and support are warmly appreciated. Thank you!

Gosh, with the things that "regulars" reading this forum tend to worry about, I hope they don't spend too much time worrying about me! Thanks also for the title of "courageous fighter." Although I've always thought of myself as more of a lover than a fighter, I certainly will do everything in my power to win the war on AIDS. Speaking of titles, San Jose Mercury News did a feature story on me in the Sunday Magazine section a while back. The title in large letters, sprawled across the magazine cover of me at the piano, read, "Casualty of War." I appreciated the article, but did wish the title had been "Wounded in Action," or something like that. I really don't count myself as a casualty just yet.

As for making a documentary about my life experiences, what would we call it? "Men are from Mars, Women are form Venus, Dr. Bob is from Sex-Cyberspace?" I don't think my experiences can match Harry Potter's. Perhaps we should just wait until HBO agrees to turn my life into a miniseries or until Stephen Sondheim turns it into a Broadway musical. Hugh Jackson, when he's finished playing Peter Allen in The Boy from Oz can play Dr. Bob in "The Boy from Poz!"

Stay well.

Sterilising
New Guy wants to know if he can do one of those woooooohooooo things?