Your are doing a great job....

Hi Dr. Bob , you are doing a great job and i m very impressed by your services for common people. I m also planning to donate some amount of my pocket money to your website every month .I m going through the archives from the last 6 months because i want to get all the information regarding hiv so i can tell people who are unware of it. And i have also joined a community who do social service for people just like you . You are my idol .

Now coming to the question i want to ask you , my best friend who is 22 years old now and lives in India ,told me yesterday about a sexual encounter which happened almost 14 months ago. He visited a csw in delhi, first he sucked her nipples for 30 sec., then touched her vagina for again 30 sec. After that he entered her wearing two condoms ( double bagging ) and as he entered he cums but stayed there for 1 min. He don't know whether condoms were latex or lambskin. After that he pulled out and removed the condoms , can vaginal fluids outside the condom cause hiv infection. What do you have so say about this act ... that was his first and last sex with a csw . He just have a sorethroat after this incidence after 8 weeks . The incidence happened in the red light area of delhi. What are his chances of acquring hiv through this single episode of sex . He didn't have any lymph nodes in the neck , groin and armpits. He is financially not good and can't spend the money for the test . From the last few months he is not able to concentrate on his work and studies.

Now he is into a relationship with a girl from the last 4 months and they have kissed each other using there tongues like a french kiss and they do it for long time. He also do fingering to her and she gives him handjobs , thats it . No sexual intercourse , no licking , no sucking .... Now her boy friend is worried that may be he has infected her and wants to end his life.She is suffering from high fever and body pain from the last 2 days. I told him its not possible and don't believe , whatever i say. I want you to help him so he can carry on with his life. Pls also tell does he need to go for a test , from the situation described above . And yes then which test he should go for , we are in india .

I hope that you are going to help us because i trust alot on you and i don't want to waste your time as i have alread gone through the archives but i want to help my friend .... i know the risk is low .

Pls help us and i am eagerly waiting for your respone .

Keep going on with the good work...

Good bye , take care .

Assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not break, your friend's HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. I don't recommend "double bagging," as the latex-on-latex friction can decrease the integrity of the latex and can increase the risk the condoms will tear. Your friend's exposure was so brief that tearing (or even friction) would not be an issue. His "symptoms" are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome. Also, "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

As for your friend's current relationship, his activities with his new girlfriend would not be considered a risk for HIV transmission. Consequently, his fears are unwarranted. Medically speaking, I do not feel an HIV test is necessary or warranted. However, if your buddy is so bummed out he's considering suicide, I suggest he consider getting a rapid HIV test. Accurate results are available in as few as 20 minutes. The results will undoubtedly be negative. If that doesn't put his irrational fears to rest, he should seek professional counseling for his anxiety. Also, why not suggest he sign on to this site and peruse the information in the archives. He should find it both enlightening and reassuring.

Please do not respond to last question I sent you which was on 9/10/08
Eliminating the Stigma of HIV/AIDS -we are all one.