no health insurance- no income- cant afford meds

Hi Dr. Bob,

I am a student in alot of debt who has no health insurance. I cant afford hiv meds. I see combivir costs $800 alone for a months supply. How can i survive this diagnosis? With no health insurance and meds?

Scared Student

WHOA! Slow down a minute, scared student, and take a couple of big cleansing yoga breaths, OK? Go ahead. We'll wait. There, don't you feel better?

Fist off, are you HIV positive? Have you been tested and has that test been confirmed? If not (as I suspect), that is your first step. Get an HIV test three months or longer after your last potential exposure. If negative, stay that way by always properly using latex condoms and water-based lubricants for insertive sex. If you are HIV positive, you'll need to see an HIV specialist for further evaluation. If you need and can't afford HIV medications, the HIV specialist will advise you what services are available in your area to help pay for the medications.

Your problem of no health insurance is a common one. Over 47 million Americans have no health insurance and an additional 25 million are underinsured. Another thing you can to do help is to vote for Obama and other Democrats in the November elections. They have promised to bring universal health care to all Americans.

How to quit masturbation. (Peyronie's disease) (M ASTURBATION 2008) (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD BY MASTURBATION, 2008)
Please do not respond to last question I sent you which was on 9/10/08