How to quit masturbation. (Peyronie's disease) (M ASTURBATION 2008) (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD BY MASTURBATION, 2008)

Dr. Frascino, I have masturbated for six years and feel ashamed because of it. Now things have gone to far and my..shaft is starting to curve. So now is the time to stop, can you tell me how?

P.S. PLZ respond, I have to end this.

Quit masturbating??? Why? It's completely normal and very healthy. There is absolutely no reason to be ashamed of "choking the chicken" or "burping the nephew" or whatever euphemism you'd like to use! (See below.)

As for your shaft starting to curve, this is not due to masturbating! It's a condition called Peyronie's disease (see below). The cause of this condition is not known. But we do know it's not caused by wanking!

I would suggest you review the information in the archives of this forum. We have a whole chapter devoted to whacking off. Remember, it's completely normal. In fact, I just may take a break from answering questions to play with my own "home entertainment center" for a pause that refreshes!

question about HIV and bent penis Jun 27, 2006

Dear Doctor, I think you are a wonderful person and I may donate to your foundation if I can find out how. You have answered one of my questions before and relieved some stress. I have a few minor questions that may help me a little. I recently (within a month) have noticed my penis is bent a little to the side. A few questions please...

1. Is it normal to have a slightly bent penis...is it harmful?

2. Can masturbating cause the bent penis or does it just happen?

3. Although I used a condom and I am not worried about this particular situation too much, does it increase your chances of contracting HIV or AIDS if you have a bent penis?

Thank you doctor...please answer.

I'll be brief:

1. "Normal" would be straight. "Slightly bent" is extremely common and not at all harmful.

2. If masturbating caused a penis to bend, I would be Captain Hook rather than Dr. Bob.

3. A slight bend will not affect sexual function. A severe bend (Peyronie's disease) can cause discomfort. Bends, be they slight curves or severe kinks, do not affect HIV risk.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on our Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well.

masterbathing (MASTURBATION 2008) (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD BY MASTURBATION, 2008) Jun 23, 2008

im so scared ive been master bathing for a year now and i was wondering if there is any way to get hiv or aids from this if so what should i do because i do not want to die yet

You've been "master bathing"??? Hmm . . . would that be in contrast to "inexperienced showering"???

And you "do not want to die yet"??? So perhaps you'll be ready to kick the bucket, say next Tuesday perhaps?

Dude, relax. Masturbation is normal and quite healthy. It does not cause HIV/AIDS or anything other than sticky fingers and the urge to yell "Oh! Oh! Oh!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" (See below.)

I'd suggest you spend some time perusing the wealth of information on this site related to how HIV is and is not acquired. You are obviously not getting even the most rudimentary sex education information in school or at home. Hopefully this will change when Obama becomes president and the rightwing sex-phobic wingnuts have been voted out of office in November. We'll then have a return to common sense and science-based, age-appropriate sex education. Until then, you should find the answers to many of your questions here. For instance, we have a whole chapter devoted to masturbation in the archives. Check it out! But wash all that sticky gooey spunk off your fingers first, OK?

masturbation (MASTURBATION 2008) May 11, 2008

I am a frequent masturbater. Now I have become addicted to it. I can't be without masturbating once a day. But I do control it for not doing more than once, but I feel guilty and want to stop it.

Are there any sexual disorders that will occur for me in future after marriage, like infertility?

Hey Sticky Fingers,

If you had stopped choking the chicken long enough to check the archives, you would have found the information you desire waiting for your double click! Dr. Bob says check it out! (By the way, it only takes one hand to work a mouse, so you can continue jacking off with the other one, OK?) See sample of responses from the archives below.

side effects of masturbation (MASTURBATION) Mar 17, 2008

are there any serious side effects of masturbation, as i have no control over my willpower and succumb to the urge.

kindly help.

thnx

jadugar

Hello Jadugar,

Another QTND (question that never dies). See below. Don't fret about succumbing to the urge unless of course you happen to be in church. On second thought, never mind that last warning. Go ahead and "burp the nephew." It would be amusing to see what the hypocritical closeted gay reverends like the recently outed ever-so-reverend Ted Haggard would do with such an up and coming (so to speak) congregation.

The down side (MASTURBATION) Mar 12, 2008

hello doctor i was just wanting to know if there is anything bad that comes from masturbating anything bad at because all this talk of aids is kinda getting to me and i want to know if anything bad can happen like a disses of some kind

Another QTND (question that never dies) and its ATNC (answer that never changes). See below Mr. Sticky Fingers.

Masturbation (MASTURBATION) Nov 2, 2007

what are the side effects of masturbating?

This is an HIV/AIDS information Web site, not a remedial sex education site for those unlucky enough to have been subjected to an abstinence-only sex education course. However, I have addressed this question numerous times before and will post some of these responses below for your edification. Do spread this information on to the other kids in your class, OK?

Will Masturbation Shrink The Penis? (MASTURBATION) (MASTURBATION) Aug 25, 2007

Well I have been masturbating alot recently and my penis looks like is has shrunk. Doctor can this happen?

To Add To My Last Question Im worried its shrunk and my dad said i might get elephantitus? im only 12 will masturbation shrink the penis or cause harm to it?

Your dad said what???? That masturbation would cause elephantiasis??? Hmmm . . . you're worried your penis is shrinking and your dad is worried your dick is going to be the size of Jumbo the Elephant? Your family seems to have size issues when it comes to Mr. Happys.

Listen up, masturbation is completely normal and healthy. Years of scientific research have not found any negative side effects from burping the nephew (masturbating). Your dad is wrong. Maybe he just wants you not to spend so much time locked in the bathroom staring at the Victoria Secret (or Calvin Klein underwear) ads. I'll reprint some information about masturbation from the archives below. There are absolutely no medical reasons you should not enjoy your "home entertainment center" (masturbation) and you can tell your dad I said so, OK?

Wanking (MASTURBATION) Jul 27, 2007

what effects does wanking have on you?

Another QTND (Question That Never Dies). See below, sticky fingers.

does jacking off cause acne or make it worse (MASTURBATION) Jul 18, 2007

i hear people say that jacking off cause pimples and or makes it worse is this true

Congratulations. By asking this question again, you have now moved it into the category of QTND (Questions That Never Die).

See below.

does masterbation cause acne Aug 21, 2006

my friends recently told me that if i masterbate it will cause an increase in acne is that true

Your friends told you what??? Hmmm . . . . Are your friends pimply pusses themselves? I would guess either (1) your friends are pulling your leg, trying to make you feel guilty about pulling something else or (2) your friends come from very religious (read: sexually frustrated) families and are enrolled in a Bush-sponsored abstinence-only sex education course. Either way, your friends are shooting you a load of misinformation about shooting a load. I'll repost some questions about masturbation from the archives that address the acne connection as well as other myths about choking the trouser snake. You can use the information to educate your pals so they can stop stock piling Clearasil Ultra just in case!

Masturbation

What is the truth about side-effects of Masturbation. I heard people saying that it might stunt your growth, etc.

Masturbation stunting growth??? Gosh, if that were true, I'd be two feet tall and working as part of the Lollypop Guild, welcoming folks to Munchkinland.

The only side effects of masturbation are feeling great and having sticky fingers. It will not turn you gay. You won't run out of semen. You won't get hairy palms. It won't make your eyesight go bad. It does not cause acne. It won't cause your penis to shrink. Masturbation is normal and it's healthy!

Stay well, Jack-a-roo! Dr. Bob

side-effects of masturbation

Does vigorous masturbation will result in HIVs or some STDs. Also what are the side-effects of masturbation.

No, despite what Sister Missionary Position might have taught you in Sunday school, masturbation does not result in HIV or STDs. What are the "side effects of masturbation?" well, let's see . . . ah . . . sticky fingers, feeling ecstatic, grunting or maybe screaming Oh My Goddddddd! and finally getting yelled at by your mom for being in the bathroom too long with the door locked.

Masterbation

I am really involved in masterbation for the past 5 years.Can this enable me to get children in future?(infertility). Is there any effects related to this?

". . . really involved in masturbation for the past 5 years . . ."??? WOW! You've got stamina! "Can this enable me to get children in the future?" Well, no. technically speaking you'll need to have sex with someone other than "Mrs. Palm and her 5 daughters" in order to produce offspring. Are there "any effects related to masturbation?" Hmmm . . . well yes, but you've probably experienced all these already. For instance:

1. Rapid shallow breathing, which increases in tempo as you reach the point of no return.

2. Involuntarily yelling "oh god, oh god, oh god, OHHHHH GODDDD . . . AUGHHHH!

3. Sticky fingers.

To seriously answer your questions:

1. Masturbation does not affect one's ability to conceive children. (No link to fertility or infertility.)

2. There are no detrimental effects from burping the nephew, except perhaps being yelled at by Mom for locking yourself in the bathroom for protracted periods of time.

Your questions do point out once again the astounding failure of our current sex education efforts!

Relax, guy. Enjoy your home entertainment center.

masturbation

hi...im a male, and i have been masturbating everyday, twice a day for almost 4 years ....is there a chance that i have hiv/aids?

No, for two reasons:

1. You can't give yourself something you don't already have (i.e. a million dollars or HIV, for instance).

2. When would you have time to contract a sexually transmitted illness when you spend so much time by yourself burping the nephew?

I'd suggest you put mini-me away for a while and spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site and related links that pertains to how HIV is and is not transmitted. But go wash your hands first, OK?

Wrong way (MASTURBATION) Feb 11, 2007

Here is a questions

1 can hiv start off for no aparent reason. No one is m family is HIV poz and I hadnt had sex yet do I have a chance of becoming HIV poz.

2. Can you get Aids from masturbating from the wrong way. I put my hand into a cylindrical form and then I do it. Am I in any danger.

3. Does masterbating caouse any STDS or disease.

I had bad education in sex-ed our teacher was horrible.

You are my hero seriously

Your questions once again dramatically point out the consequences of a "bad education in sex-ed.!" I hope all our readers will demand science-based factual sex-education be returned to our nation's classrooms immediately. Bush's "abstinence-only" sex-education is producing a dangerous information gap that can have disastrous consequences when horned-up kids begin having sex despite their virginity pledges and have no idea how to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies or STDs!

Questioner retuning to you now, the answer at all your questions is a resounding "no!" For more details about masturbation, STDs and HIV, review the information in the archives. I'll re-post a few samples below that address your specific concerns.

Get informed. Stay safe and you'll stay sell.

Yet another asshole to bother you. Dec 10, 2006

hey dr bob i need to ask you something about masterbation

1. i have been jerkin my dick off everyday now is that bad.

2. do the ads on the internet say the truth about meds makeing you pepe bigger.

3. is there any kind of masterbation that makes you penis larger

4. how much times do you think i should masterbare per week.

5. do you masterbate alot dr bob if so i am ganna probbley guss how large your penis size is u look like u have a 11 or 10 incher

stay well dr bob

luv AWAN AFUQYA

Hello Horned-Up Awan Afuqya,

1. Masturbation is not bad; it's completely normal.

2. See posts from archives below.

3. If there was, my dick would need its own zip code.

4. As many times as you want.

5. Yes, I do. As for size, well, let it suffice to say I am a full-blooded Italian.

Stay well, Sticky Fingers.

The proof: Masturbation is harmful Nov 1, 2006

Well, I was researching on masturbation a little and I think you might want to reconsider your stance on masturbation causing no harm.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=602887 http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=201332

Those two links have many more links. Even JackinWorld (supposedly the best resource on masturbation on the Internet) confirms that semen has large amounts of nutrients. And most people (if not all) ejaculate by masturbation.

What do you think? Surely the nutrients are not trivial.

Thanks for your time -Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Proof??? What proof??? I see nothing in those posts or on Jackinworld that would indicate masturbation is harmful. In fact here is a direct quote from Jackinworld: " Is masturbation healthy? Masturbation is a healthy and normal practice, like daydreaming or napping. Even masturbating several times each day is completely harmless. You may encounter people, books, or websites that say masturbation is bad or harmful; this is just plain incorrect. As any reputable medical doctor will tell you, old myths about masturbation affecting the eyesight, causing permanent fatigue or insanity, etc., have long been disproved. In fact, recent studies suggest that ejaculating regularly isn't just fun, it can actually help prevent a certain kind of cancer later in life."

Next, the nutrient loss in a load of baby batter is indeed trivial. Spunk is a completely renewable substance! You don't run out of pee from taking a piss or snot from blowing your nose, do you? Well, the same principle applies to burping the nephew, except it's way more fun than taking a leak or expelling boogers. OK?????

Masturbation is normal and healthy. So just "grab your dick and double click" onto a more "stimulating" Web site and enjoy your home entertainment center without worry! Wanking is way more fun (and healthier) than worrying! In fact I may just take a sticky-fingers pause that refreshes right now!

masturbation causes tiredness and exhaustion? Mar 17, 2005

sir, i would like to know if masturbation causes tiredness and exhustion? if so, tell me a way to become fresh again without sleeping. also ,i would like to know if frequent masturbation would cause a problem in producing a baby later, when i have sexual intercourse?what is the suggested rate of masturbation per day and per week?

1. Does masturbation cause tiredness and exhaustion? That depends on how often and for how long you choke the chicken. Generally speaking, spanking the monkey is not in the same league as doing triathlons.

2. How can you "become fresh again without sleeping?" Dude, you've got to sleep once in a while. Give your home entertainment center a rest or you'll wind up with carpal tunnel syndrome. After all, you don't want to wear the little fellow out. He's got to last you a whole lifetime. By the way, not only do you need to sleep, but you also have to eat, exercise, work, change the kitty litter box, etc. Yes, I know, you can do many of these things "one handed," but . . . .

3. "Will frequent masturbation cause a problem in producing a baby later?" Technically, no. However, you do have to tuck it away long enough to meet a potential mate to make the baby with, right?

4. "What is the suggested rate of masturbation per day and per week?" That varies form person to person. If you are young and Italian . . . (Oh hell, I can already guess from your question that you are young and Italian) it would be a lot higher than if you are, say, Dick Cheney.

OK, now go wipe all the sticky icky stuff off your hands before you gunk up the computer again.

Masturbation Aug 1, 2007

I heard masturbating can make you grow taller is that true? Also not being very religious here but does masturbating makes you go to hell?

Does masturbation make you grow taller? No, absolutely not. I'm only 5'8" and if masturbating increased height, I would be at least as tall as the Empire State Building by now.

Does masturbating make you go to hell? No. Of course not. Why would we yell "OH GOD, OH GOD, OOOOOOHHH G-G-GOD, I'M COMING" when we jack off if it makes you go to hell? One would have to logically assume masturbators go in the other direction. I'm assuming you heard these absurd stories either in Bible school, at a Bush-Cheney-sanctioned "abstinence-only" sex education class, on Fox News or from your mom during your home schooling. Right??? Yeah, I thought so.

Relax, dude. "Burping the nephew" (masturbating) is totally normal. Take a read through the archives of this forum. We have a whole section devoted to jacking off. You should find the information there reassuring.

hard masturbation cause blindness Aug 9, 2007

i heard from a friend that if you jackoff to much you will go blind, is that true?

I'm sorry, but could you resend your question in Braille? Thanks.

masturbation Mar 5, 2007

i been masturbating since the age of 7 or 8. since then i masturbated almost everday. i am 19 and now that i try to have sex with my partner my penis wont get hard. is it because of all the masturbation i did? if so then what can i do to recover from this problem. please help.

Hey There Mr. Sticky Fingers,

You've burped the nephew every day for 11 years? BRAVO! One wonders what it would take to get into the Guinness Book of World Records.

Regarding your question, your fears that you may have worn out your home entertainment center are unfounded. In fact, quite the opposite. Frequent wankers often have overall better sexual function than blue-balled sex-phobic rightwing conservatives who tend to cum in their pants while watching Bowflex infomercials.

Most likely you are just having performance anxiety. (Or perhaps your partner looks like Katherine Harris or worse Dick Cheney?) If you have no difficulty getting rock hard when Mrs. Palm and her five daughters (or Mr. Palm and his five strapping sons) comes to call, then you're not really having physical erectile-dysfunction problems. However, if Mr. Happy has become Mr. Softy all the time, you'll need to see your doctor for an evaluation of erectile dysfunction.

Masterbation (MASTRUBATION) Mar 10, 2008

Doc. i have been masterbating for some time now.Will masterbation be the only thing that can help the scrotum grow or there is no other way? 1 more thing when masterbating will you always cum?

You're burping the nephew to grow a set of low hangers? Sorry dude, but there really is no correlation between the size of your kibble and bits and frequency of choking the chicken.

When masturbating, will you always cum? Well, spunk is indeed a renewable resource, but there can be a bit of a refractory period between eruptions of the geyser. I'll reprint some masturbation questions from the archives below. (There are lots more where these came from as well. Have a look!)

...(PENIS ENLARGEMENT) (MASTURBATION) Nov 16, 2007

hey doc..

i masterbate 3 times a day :S, im doing a method that increases your penis lenght is there a nother way of doing it and does 2 much masterbation cause my penis to shrink?

You are masturbating three times a day "doing a method that increases your penis "lenght". Hmm . . . and just where did you find out about this method? Perhaps the "Journal of Irreproducible Results"??? And with this masturbating method of supersizing your schlong you are asking me if too much masturbation can cause your penis to shrink??????? So am I to assume that your three-times-a-day tallywhacker tug isn't giant-izing Mr. Happy??? Wow, what a surprise!

Dude, burping the nephew as often as you want will not alter the size of your home entertainment center one way or the other. OK? (See below).

CAN I GIVE MYSELF AN STD (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD BY MASTURBATION, 2008) Jun 2, 2008

I am 22 years old. I have been masturbating since the age of 13. I never had sex with anyone.

Could I have contracted HIV?

Is is possible to get HIV through masturbating when i have small cut or wound on my penis

And yet another QTND (question that never dies) arises tonight! Hmm . . . must be a full moon out there or something.

See below Mr. Sticky Fingers.

unwashed clothes (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD BY MASTURBATION) Apr 20, 2008

what will happen if the clothes, blankets,etc.. are not washed after the ejaculation. is the semen left on the clothes and remained unwashed produces any infections

Another variation on a QTND (question that never dies). See below for the ATNC (answer that never changes).

Do you need protection when you masturbate? (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD BY MASTURBATION?) Feb 18, 2008

Hi there,

I am wondering do you need a condom if you masturbate with a pillow or a sheet.

And tell me if im right STD is when you have unsafe sex not unsafe masturbation right? So basicaly if i don;t have sex (which i haven't) im not at risk of STD and You can't give yourself STD and not from a pillow!

Please answer cuz im worried very worried infact scared!

Thnx again c ya man ur the greatest!

"Do you need a condom if you masturbate with a pillow or a sheet"?????? Why do you ask? Are you worried you might get the pillow or sheet pregnant? Or perhaps you're worried that Mr. Pillow and Ms. Sheet are cheating on you with other horned-up hotties and therefore might transmit an STD. Dude, I know this may not be a topic covered in your home schooling or abstinence-only sex education course, so I'll try to help. As it turns out you're not the only one with these concerns. See below. (The answer to your question is included in the archival posts below.)

Masturbating on pillow and contacting ur own semen? (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD?) Feb 14, 2008

Hi if u masturbate with pillow and u ejaculate and get it on ur hands can u get STD or is STD from person to person please help cuz im scared. Also is masturbation bad and give STI or STD

Thnx

Is masturbation bad??? Are you kidding me? I think it's wonderful! Can it give you an STD? The answer is no! The more precise answer is hell no! See below. By the way, any chance you can convince your mom and dad to stop home schooling you and put you back into the public education system? With the soon-to-be President Obama, I'm quite confident we'll have a return of science-based, age-appropriate sex education to our schools. Until then, take a look around this Web site. You'll find all sorts of cool sex stuff to learn about, including how to properly use a condom and how to protect yourself from STDs, including HIV.

std from humping a pillow? Feb 8, 2008

I've been humping a pillow to masturbate for years. But i had never thought to clean it or anything until a while ago..i'm just concerned that i could have gotten an infection or std from continuing to hump the same pillow without cleaning it in between. thanks

You've been spunking the same pillow for years??? Dude, that pillow must resemble a glazed donut from Krispy Kreme by now. And most likely it's stiffer than your stiffy. But why are you worried about STDs? Do you think your pillow has been cheating on you by humping with other hotties? STDs are sexually transmitted diseases whereby an infected person transmits the disease to an uninfected person. So if you're the only one spunking Mr. Pillow, you've got nothing to worry about, OK? By the way, another of your home schooled buddies had a similar question. See below.

Will this give me a disease or virus of any sort? Jan 2, 2008

ive been masturbating for like 2 months in the same bed covers Will the sperm have accumulated and turned into some sort of disease so that if i masturbate i will catch it from my bed? please answer doc i'm really scared about this.

You've been shooting loads into the same bed covers for two months??? WOWZA! Those sheets must be as stiff as two pieces of plywood by now.

You're wondering if the accumulated sperm will turn into some sort of disease that you will catch from your bed??? Hmm . . . let me guess: You're either home schooled or a victim of an abstinence-only-until-marriage sex education program, right? Yeah, I thought so. Dude, no, your spunky-funky sheets will not contaminate you, but I do think it's time they were pried off your bed and sent through the Maytag, OK? You can read more about masturbation in the archives of this forum. We have a whole chapter devoted to it.

Can you give yourself HIV/AIDS? - by semen contact with a cut or wound of yourself? (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS) Jan 29, 2008

hiya doc

I was wondering about this cause a couple days ago I was masturbating myself after sometime, but was not warned that I got a cut on a side of my thumb that was nearly opened (not bleeding ye but interior cut and transparent fluid was visible) I notice this after ejaculating since a friend said HIV virus is in the semen and turn active as touch the bloodstream, but not completely sure yet

Another QTND (question that never dies) and ATNC (answer that never changes). See below. And do tell your folks that your abstinence-only sex education program sucks (and not in a good way).

Is it possible (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS?) Jan 3, 2007

I was curious about something, and that's is it possible in any capacity for a man to give hiv or aids to oneself. Like say some of your own cum just a little bit touched a cut that was mostly healed or looks dark red. Basicaly. Can you give yourself HIV?

Another QTND (question that never dies) and ATNC (answer that never changes).

See below.

very Urgent Question May 22, 2006

I recently masterbated, once i had finished i realised that some sperm had gone onto a scab on my hand, is there any chance of an STI/STD/HIV or anything, this answer really matters to me as i am only a teenager and afraid of the consequences of any STI/STD. Please answer doc, thanks you.

No, there is absolutely no chance you can contract a sexually transmitted illness from yourself! STDs involve germs (viruses and bacteria) that spread from an infected person to another person via sexual activity. Masturbation, choking the chicken, spanking the monkey or whatever you want to call it involves only you and your hand. Some folks may refer to their hand as Mrs. Palm and her five daughters, but really we are only talking about one person here. And that's you, right?!? A person cannot give himself a disease he doesn't already have. Just as you can't give yourself a million dollars (because I assume you don't have a million dollars, right?). You can't give yourself HIV, because you don't have that either. The bottom line is that your jizz is perfectly safe, so no worries unless you spunk up your parents' furniture (or Monica Lewinsky's blue dress). And even those kinds of stains, although they can lead to problems, they can not lead to STDs, OK?

To those reading the forum, here we have another fine example of how sex education is shamefully lacking in our schools. Teenagers should not be worrying about contracting HIV form burping the nephew and getting a bit of baby batter on their hands!!! Demand age-appropriate, science-based sex-education curricula in the public schools. Refuse to allow Republican rightwing fanatics, who insist on abstinence-only programs, to confuse and potentially harm our youth. Multiple scientific studies have now clearly shown that abstinence-only sex-education programs not only don't work, but they can actually cause harm by not teaching our kids what they need to know to stay safe and healthy.

self-masturbated with wound on hand Aug 12, 2006

hello

i'm 21 years old, and last night i masturbated myself, and i happened to have an open wound on my left hand. my right fingers touched a wet spot on a towel i was using. i was about to wash my hands, i noticed my right hand was touching that wound.

am i putting myself at HIV risk if my own semen came in contact with my open wound?

You are 21 and you are still concerned about contracting HIV from yourself via masturbation and contact with your own spunk??? Let me guess. You were home-schooled and come form a devoutly religious family, right? Hmmmm. Another one!!!!

Now let's think this through logically, OK? Do you really think it's possible to create HIV a virus out of thin air just by spanking the monkey??? HIV is as germ. It can be transmitted from one infected person to an uninfected person by unprotected sex. You cannot give yourself HIV anymore than you can give yourself measles, mumps, syphilis or tuberculosis, OK?

I suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site related to how HIV is, and is not, transmitted.

I also want to remind all readers of this forum that this is yet another example of why we need age-appropriate sex education programs in our schools!

masterbation (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS?) Oct 20, 2007

I have been masterbating for about two years now. during this time i have been using my blanket and i was wondering if i can get aids by doing this. this is so because i read somewhere that when pre ejaculating this can cause aids or hiv by having the ejaculation going up the hole in the penis. Since i am using the same thing can the already ejaculated iquid not visible affect me if i masterbate with the same blanket.

And so another QTND (Question That Never Dies) resurfaces once again. See below.

Sneezin and Masturbatin (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS?) Sep 8, 2007

Yo doc,

Ur da greatest! I love what you do because you put our minds at ease. My question is: While I was, as you say, burping the nephew or choking the chicken, I ejaculated and then I sneezed on my penis... weird huh? While some snot or saliva didn't hit my penis but hit my pelvic region. Could I have gotten HIV from this incident?

Thanks, ttyl.

Hi TTYL,

Sneezing and spunking almost simultaneously must have been quite a rush! But why would that raise concerns about HIV? You can't give yourself HIV! (See below.)

Gesundheit!

could i catch hiv from my own semen (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS) Jun 4, 2007

i just want to know that if put my own semen on a sex toy and insert it in to me can i catch hiv/aids?

Your question once again demonstrates the urgent need for age-appropriate sex education in our schools (and the equal urgent need for you to have a real date with a real person, rather than an inanimate object purchased at Good Vibrations Sex Novelty Shop).

To answer your question, no, you cannot give yourself HIV or any other infectious disease you don't already have by playing with your sex toys! That's assuming, of course, your sex toys aren't cheating on you.

See below.

Self Anal (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS?) Jan 5, 2007

I feel a bit embarressed about this, but I am very curious. I am a bi-curious male and I wanted to know. If I were to masturbate and then cum on my finger. Then take my own cum and stick it up my ass, will I get HIV or any other STD?

Here we go again . . . a QTND returns once again. You cannot give yourself an STD/HIV via "cum up the bum," auto-fellatio (for you flexible yoga fans) or any other means. STDs, including HIV, are caused by germs (viruses and bacteria) that an infected person transmits to an uninfected person during sex. The mere act of having sex by yourself or with others doesn't spontaneously create a germ out of thin air! See below.

See below.

very Urgent Question May 22, 2006

hello

again about the window period (HIV ANTIBODY TEST VERSUS VIRAL LOAD TEST)
no health insurance- no income- cant afford meds