Terrified by toy experiance. Can you help?

Hey Dr Frascino. My name is Johnny, when I was about 15 I masturbated with a toy doll from a happy meal and rubbed it around my penis. I bought it when I was a kid at a primary school charity fair and I'm worried about HIV. I assume the toy was from McDonalds or Burger King, but the point is it belonged to someone else. I am now 21 and am still a virgin because I am so scared of having or contracting HIV. I also have reddish spots around the rim of my penis that have only just started to appear. I just wish I had used a condom over it. Can you give me any advice?

Hello Johnny,

Let me get this straight. You are a 21-year-old virgin who is terrified he may have contracted HIV from masturbating at age 15 with a toy doll from a McDonald's Happy Meal?!?! YIKES! Hmm . . . are you concerned that the Ken doll in the Happy Meal might have been cheating on you or something like that? (Gosh, and folks wonder why we need to end Bush's disastrous abstinence-only-until-marriage sex education program! We need age-appropriate, science-based sex education back in our schools to help folks like Johnny!!!)

OK Johnny, back to you. Your HIV risk is nonexistent. It's sad that at age 21 you know so little about HIV disease and are terrified over this non-exposure. I would suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site. The archives of this forum have whole chapters devoted to sexual HIV transmission, masturbation, safer sexual techniques, etc.

The reddish spots around the rim of your penis are probably completely normal, but if you're worried, show them to your doctor or a dermatologist.

first time cocaine use
Viral Load Increase