am i in the clear
Jul 10, 2008
Thank you for all your hard work. I greatly appreciate it. Here is my concern. I went to a strip bar and received several dances from 2 strippers. the one i kissed with a tongue kiss for less than a minute and sucked on her nipples again for a minute. i have cold sores. the second i kissed briefly, she looked like she had chapped cold sore lips. i also briefly inserted a finger in her vagina. i was dry as concrete. i had been working on landscaping that day and i may have scratched up my hands but no noticeable cuts.
fast forward 5 weeks. i have headaches, leg and knee aches, im getting forgetful, weak and sleepy all the time. i have been tested in the past year for everything and have only one partner. my stomach is also burning and i have 3 small red dots on my side. i have cold sores from time to time. nothing visible just a burning tingling i feel. i read that hiv can be transmitted through cold sores on both ends. my stools have also become darker and softer, no diarrhea. also am having numbness and neuropathy in my fingers and toes. at first i was thinking pep, but thought i had no risk. now i dont know. please advise doctor. i donate to your site and hope that virxsys makes hiv a harmless bug. Bless you
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your HIV-acquisition risk is so remote it's essentially nonexistent. I certainly would have advised against PEP. Your symptoms are not consistent with or suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). I would suggest:
1. Stop worrying about HIV! The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from the dynamic duo strippers. If you remain at all worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark to put any residual worries permanently to rest. The results will undoubtedly be negative.
2. See your general medical doctor for a checkup and an evaluation of any ongoing or bothersome symptoms you may be experiencing.
Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Will Hiv Virus Remain Viable With Blood Spill?
- Do You Catch A Cold When You First Get Hiv?
- Are Dentists At Risk For Hiv With Hiv Positive Patients?
- Tongue Thrush Medications Over The Counter
- How Soon Do Symptons Occur From Thrush After Infected?
- Hepatitis C Antibody Titer Value
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.