Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Night sweats

I received an assuring response from you around 18 June, (not sure of the specific date as the thread runs out on 20 June). I asked about the risk of hiv transmission after fondling the penis of a ladyboy in Thailand when I had a 2 day old, healing paper cut between my knuckle and nail. You said the risk was essentially non-existant. Since returning home I have had severall nights where I had to change my shirt due to severe sweating. I put this down to a change from the tropics to winter here in Oz and a heavy duvet and some anxiety - and tried to ignore it and follow your advice. However a question about night sweats, answered on 8 July had got me all converned again. I have no other symptoms. I even went out and got a flu shot. So the question is - do you think these night sweats are indicative of anything more than my anxiety and a change of climate? Last sweat was two nights ago, 12 days after returning to Oz. Cheers Aussie Mike.

G'day Mike,

Do I think your night sweats are indicative of anything more than your anxiety and a change of climate? Nope, absofrickinlutely not!

My advice "relax mate, she'll be apples" remains unchanged.

Risk from cut finger? Jun 18, 2008

I posed this question already and am hoping you considered it not a problem. Nonetheless I am pretty stressed and would really appreciate your thoughts. Last week I did something really dumb while on holiday here in Thailand. I had a small cut on my big finger between the nail and knuckle which is about 3-4mm long. It was not a deep cut and it just grazed the surface causing some bleeding It was caused by a piece of glass, and it occurred about two and a half days prior to the contact. A bit of Band-aid at the time stopped bleeing quickly and after the two days or so it looked to be healing well. What did I do? Well after a couple of beers I ended up next to a ladyboy and using my right hand fondled her penis for about 4 minutes or so. I am very concerned there may have been some precum in the vicinity and even though my cut would not have been in direct contact with her penis I am so concerned I may have exposed myself to hiv. I am incredibly worried and would very much appreciate your opinion regarding my risk status. By the way I visited your beautiful city of SF from Aussie recently. Great place - great people. Many thanks. Mike

G'day Aussie Mike,

Relax mate! Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. If HIV were that easily transmitted, it would have wiped out the planet long ago. There is absolutely no HIV risk from fondling the Mr. /Ms. Happy of a ladyboy or boylady with a 3-4 mm two-and-a-half-day-old, well-healing cut, even if precum were "in the vicinity", but not in direct contact with the cut, OK? You have a greater risk of being gobbled up alive by a crazed Tasmanian devil in heat while shopping on Oxford Street in Sydney than getting HIV from such a non-exposure!

So do relax mate. She'll be apples.

for Kamal in India
night out with wife extremely anxious new symptom