|Touristic travel to New York
Jul 8, 2008
Congratulations doctor for your Forum here. Very useful! I am a European Union citizen (no need to ask for a Visa) and am planning a week of holiday in New York with friends from work. The only problem is that i'm hiv+ under medication. So my question is will I be banned from entering US or I should travel anyway? My travel friends don't know about my 'positive status' and I just don't want them to know it in some american airport.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
You should be fine. Customs agents aren't really searching for HIV medications. We are also hopeful that this shameful travel ban may soon be lifted!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does A Sore Throat Last With Early Hiv?
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Short And Long Term Effects Can Gonorrhea Have?
- What Is The Most Common Medication Prescribed For Gonorrhea?
- What Does A Herpes Scab Look Like?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.