you right again, god bless you and your knowledge (THRUSH)

well..today i did the test, i know is early but the doctor said the pcr is not conclusive but is a piece a mind until the 3 mounts mark. He said exactly what like you"2( . Most people who think they have thrush actually don't! (Get a second opinion from an infectious disease doctor if necessary.) YES...it is not thrush or candida or whatever...it is just ANXIETY and DEPRESION AND THE FEELING OF GUILTY AND STRESS.....YOU ARE SO RIGHT.I hope next Monday when i take the results it's gone be negative and then i will write you again.I don't talk to nobody this but you i feel like you are my big brother. Thank you very much for your answers i feel a lot better...you don't have to post this is just a thank you letter

Thanks for taking the time to write back. I wanted to post your comment because it may help many others who are also convinced they have thrush/oral candidiasis but in reality are merely suffering from "anxiety/depression, guilt and stress."

Good luck with your results next Monday. I'll be waiting to WOO-HOO with you!

i have made 150.00 donation please answer me. Jul 5, 2008

i just want to know ,why i have candida(moth thrush) after 2 weeks of a potential exposures after i had insertive oral sex with a UNKNOWN hiv+ ,the act time it was 1-2 minutes no more and i am uncircumcised male.I did not observe any blood on my pencil after the act and i did not search her mouth for visible sore or cuts.I finish in her mouth and i am so scared. ONLY your answer make be secure and i want to also know if i should go to do the test. I am afraid of negative answer from the doctor. Now i did apply for a green card and they will call me for the interview and they will ask me to do the blood test(requirement) do you think they will stop me because i have hiv (in case i am the only one from you percentage 0,5-10000) take in consideration i have been sponsored and i work in a food store. PLEASE ANSWER ME....SORRY ABOUT MY SPELING. I HAVE MADE MY DONATION...150.00

Do I think you are HIV positive? No, I would very, very strongly doubt that if your only risk was 1-2 minutes of insertive oral sex. You can easily determine your HIV status by getting a rapid HIV test. Accurate results are available within 20 minutes.

As for your Candida, I would first question if the diagnosis is accurate. Consider getting a second opinion from an Infectious Diseases doctor. If he confirms it, he could then begin an evaluation to determine the underlying cause. There are many conditions other than HIV that can cause oral candidiasis. However, I should point out that most people who think they have thrush (oral candidiasis) actually don't have it.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my best good-luck karma that your green card application sails through quickly and successfully, including the negative HIV-screening test.

reality facts Jul 6, 2008

i keep asking you questions about insertive oral ,and the thrush that i have in my mouth and the anxiety level ,i know i read almost enything about insertive risk.I am trying to relax here and also i made an appointment to do the test on Monday .please just tell me what kind the test i should require after 17 days exposure for unprotected insertive oral.I donate 150.00$ for the people who really deal with this virus.I am sure you help them at best,you guys are great and you help others to relax over your answers.I am sure you read all my question up to now and i kinda know the answers about my 1 minute adventures of insertive oral, but you know...,we always want to be in the centre of attention when something like this happened and even do we all read everything we still need you answers for any individuals so we can feel better and so we can kill the anxiety to don't cause more damage to our system...thank you very much,,,.You are great people, God bless you all

Yes, I have read all your questions and here are the "reality facts"!

1. Insertive oral sex carries only a negligible risk for HIV acquisition.

2. Most people who think they have thrush actually don't! (Get a second opinion from an infectious disease doctor if necessary.)

3. HIV tests taken 17 days after exposure are not considered to be conclusive. You'll need to wait until the three-month mark for a conclusive test.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative! I'm quite confident it will indeed be negative.

Good luck!

HIV infection
FDA Test