DONATION MADE JUST A QUICK QUESTION

Doc, I think everything you do is great. But I have a question for you. About 3 months ago i had protected sex with a CSW in thailand at 5 weeks i took an antibody and a PCR DNA test and was negative on both well I am about to test at 3 months but I wanted to know the accuracy on negative tests for PCR. are there alot of false negatives because its suppose to be more sensitive. Just a question that bothers me.

Two quick points that certainly tie into our QTND (questions that never die) category:

1. PCR testing is not recommended for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positives, other technical considerations and cost. False-negatives are generally not a problem; however, it's important to note PCR DNA is not FDA approved for HIV diagnostic screening.

2. The recommended HIV test for diagnostic screening is an HIV-antibody test (ELISA, EIA, rapid test) at three months from the time of potential exposure.

I screw up this time...
Massage parlour manipulations!