Safe Sex Serosorting.

Dr. Bob;

Thank you for your reply: "As for your question, "Do HIV negative people have safe sex anymore?" the answer would be: Yes, the smart ones who wish to remain HIV negative do!

My advice is to play safe to be safe, whether you are poz or neggie."

For the past decade, I have always been receiving this type of a response to my question, regardless which HIV expert or professional I ask. However, the main question: WHY are the HIV researchers, "experts" and "professionals" delibertly REFUSING to support or encourage Safe Sex Serosorting? Is never answered. After all, you TOO agree that safe sex is best, so why not add Safe Sex Serosorting to the list of HIV prevention strategies.

So, please forgive me if I repeat my question: WHY are the HIV researchers, "experts" and "professionals" delibertly REFUSING to support or encourage Safe Sex Serosorting?

Robert

Hi Robert,

You report: "For the past decade, I have always been receiving this type of a response to my question, regardless which HIV expert or professional I ask." Well then, it's unanimous: We "HIV experts and professionals" all agree. In my initial response, I explained in detail exactly why it would be unwise and illogical for us to endorse barebacking for anyone and also why even a "negative" test may not mean your partner is truly HIV negative. (See below.) The only message that makes sense is "safer sex for all... no glove, no love, no exceptions." Think it through Robert. All "HIV experts, professionals, and researchers" wouldn't be of like mind if this strategy did not meet the standards of both scientific fact and common sense.

Safe Sex Serosorting Jul 5, 2008

With the universal success of Serosorting (As a Barebacking strategy)in breaking the cycle of NEW HIV transmissions, WHY are the HIV researchers, "experts" and "professionals" delibertly REFUSING to support or encourage Safe Sex Serosorting?

Do HIV-(negative) people have safe sex anymore?

Robert

Hello Robert,

The "universal success of serosorting"????? WHAT???? Whether serosorting has actually reduced the number of new HIV infections remains an open question. Barebacking, even with serosorting, remains a risky endeavor, due to the possibility of reinfection (superinfection, dual infection) as well as infection with other STDs that could affect the course of HIV disease for HIV pozitoids. As for the neggies, well, you're only as negative as your last HIV test and even that negative test might be a false negative if taken within the window period. Therefore, it would be irresponsible for the experts to support any type of barebacking.

As for your question, "Do HIV negative people have safe sex anymore?" the answer would be: Yes, the smart ones who wish to remain HIV negative do!

My advice is to play safe to be safe, whether you are poz or neggie.

Only hello to a great man
''HELP!'' from TURKEY