why does this go on

dear dr bob i am writing again to ask you this you see i had 10 sex partners before i met and married my husband most of them protected and the last one was in de. 1999 and since then only my husband and the thing is he tested neg. eia in late 2000 and i tested neg. in 200 2003 and 2006 ok so you can imagine since i was nothing short of a prostitute before i met my husband i am so depressed by the thought of this virus i was wondering if you would give me your honst opinion on this

1- is it plausable that the neurologist made a mistake in finding my ankle reflexes normal.

2- if i had to be seen for this pn symptoms would a neurologist want to check me again for hiv despite all the tests i had done in the past taking in consideration my sexual past would that sill classify ma at risk for hiv even though my negative tests out this far

3 honestly this has been going on for 1 yr and still has not stopped vibrations in both stabbing pains in fingers and toes and the part of my feet right under my toes and numbness more so on the right side and when the pain happens it happens on the exact same spot on the other foot, fingers etc.

4 do you see any reason why this would have been false negatives, my blood pressure is abnormally low usually around 95/65 or sometimes 87/6? so that worries me that this could be from the pn please dr bob he saved up money to take me out and buy me clothes and shoes and he is so broke and i think what if this happens and we find out were hiv positive hes such a great man i cant bear the thought of this happening to this family i am going to get help with this because positive or negative this is not something you just rejoice about if your negative this is a horrific experience and i will never get over this mentally because this is something i brang to this house because i didnt have respect for me and as a result my kids pay with there lives for that and my husband they look at me and trust me to protect them and know that i am worse than the devil himself i only pray that JESUS will spare them of this and give me somthing to suffer from like ALS i deserve every disease there is but even i could not have the honor of having ALS because watching the SLOWLY die is worse than having hiv a million times in one ........ so to all you false negative people out there be thankful its only you that possibly has hiv because infecting someone is WAY worse than being infected.....

thanks dr bob i really thank you for giving me someone to talk to because no one other than my husband has any knowledge of this and my family on my side would probley be afraid to have me around them.

Are you back again???

You want my "honst" opinion??? Exactly what do you think I gave you the last few times you wrote in with this same delusional drivel, my dishonest opinion perhaps? I've tried being supportive and straightforward with my advice. (See below.) That clearly isn't working, so let's try this:

Lady, you have clearly taken one giant step across the line from moderately nutty to a complete whack job. Go to the psychiatrist. Do not pass go. Do not connect 200 dollars.

Is that message clear????

Your delusional comments, such as "I am worse than the devil himself . . ." . . . "I pray Jesus will give me something to suffer from like ALS . . . I deserve every disease there is . . . this is something I 'brang' to this house because I didn't have respect for me and as a result my kids pay with their lives . . . I was nothing short of a prostitute before I met my husband . . . I am so depressed . . ." etc. reveal the profound depth of your psychopathology.

So, once again, my honest opinion is that you have a very severe medical problem. However, that problem is not HIV disease; it's irrational fear of HIV, resulting in anxiety and depression. If you don't climb up on the shrink's couch soon, I have no doubt they will be coming for you with a net and straightjacket by the time you decide to send me yet another paranoid post!

why does this go on? Jul 3, 2008

dear dr bob i am the one who took all the aspirin when i was younger and i wanted t write and tell you that i went to a neurologist and she told me that i have ankle reflexes and that goes aganist the diagnosis of pn ok so ifelt better for 1 day and then i have come right back to where i was so i am thinking that maybe she either is liying or that the reflexes are easly confused with something else and that maybe she is wrong dr bob do you think a neurologist knows how to find reflexes because on the net pn sites talk about all kinds of tests to check for reflexes and all she had me do was lay on a table and she checked all above waist flexes and then had me raise my kness up while she pressed aganist my legs and then she checked my ankle reflexes i dont know if this makes a difference but i felt it when she she checked the flexes just the same as i did when she checked my knee reflexes please dr bob do you think this test for flexes was real and made right since there was no other electronic tests done like the ones i read about on the net i really want to give my family the mother they need but this is taking all of my energy and my husbands says he is going to move out if this dosent stop today i know there are 0 promises but my husband tested negative out of the window pd and i have 3 times 8 yrs out of the window pd please has your mind changed at all after reading this please help me with this thank you oh by the way i told the dr to also check achilles tendon flexes is that the right reflex to check for dspn thank you dr bob

The neurologist is not lying! If your ankle reflexes are present, you do not have HIV-related DSPN. Period. This is to be expected, as you've had three negative HIV tests out to eight years! You just can't get any more negative than that! My opinion has not changed. (See below.) I once again urge you to seek psychiatric help. There is no doubt you have a severe problem; but that problem is not HIV disease! It's irrational fear of HIV. I have no doubt you will indeed drive your husband and family away if you don't get the help you need for your very significant and very real problem. Show this post and my response to your husband and make an appointment with a psychiatrist without further delay. You should also bring a copy of this post to your first visit to discuss with your psychiatrist. It will help to focus your treatment.

suicide Dec 18, 2007

dr bob i went throygh some bad times growing up and attemted suicide at the age of 15 with a bottle of asprin i took about 70 and i got married when i was 20 and have had three negative eia hiv test please because your an immunoligist do you think that would cause me to have false negatives please dr help i have three kids with my husband and cant help but think i have killed all of my faily im so scared i didnt have my stomach pumped i just threw up thats all please help dr thank you

Your three negative EIA tests would be considered definitive, assuming they were taken more than three months after your last potential HIV exposure. Your aspirin overdose would not affect HIV test results. Considering your past history of "bad times" and a suicide attempt, I would urge you to seek the help of a psychiatrist. Your current worries are irrational and unwarranted. You have not killed all your "faily;" however, you are clinically depressed and in need of help. You could also use some help with punctuation and spelling, but first things first.

Docking and Penis-Rubbing
should l start meds yet ??? (WHEN TO START TREATMENT 2008)