Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

For my dear friend
Jul 7, 2008

Dr. Bob,

I'm asking this question for my best friend who is in depression and does not speak English.

She got raped by a guy whose HIV status was unknown. The guy was her classmate who tried to get her drunk. He was also really drunk. He could not penetrate her without a condom as she was a virgin. She told me he tried to do it for less than 2 minutes but only less than 1" went inside her vagina. She felt really tight but she didn't see any visible blood. She used a pen to stab his balls and ran away.

She came to my house in the morning and has not been out of my room after that. She does not want to go to school because she is scared to see him. She also does not want to go to the police or go and get a HIV test.

She has been sitting/lying on my bed for 14 days (after the horrible incident) being confident that she is infected and pregnant.

I read your achieves and explain to her that her risk is not high (1/1000) but she said that the chance is nearly 99%.

1)) Is my friend actually at risk? What is the chance of her being a HIV positive?

2)) The fact that it did not really go in reduce the chance of being infected?

3)) What should we do now?

Thank you so much. I feel extremely sad and stressed seeing my best friend cry over things that most likely will not happen.

We are waiting for your medical advice. If u don't have time we will be happy with a short/quick answer.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

"She used a pen to stab his balls . . . ."???? OUCHAMAGOUCHA! Very resourceful!

Your friend has obviously been quite traumatized by this exposure. I agree with you: His risk of HIV or pregnancy is essentially nonexistent. However, your friend does need medical assistance, both for a physical examination and for psychological support/counseling. I suggest you urge her to consult her doctor. You can offer to go with her for support and to help explain what happened and her fears about HIV and pregnancy. I would also hope she reports the incident to the authorities. The perpetrator should be easy enough to identify. He'll be the one with the ink marks and bruises on his low hangers.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Salicylates-very important article!
Next
Docking and Penis-Rubbing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.