Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Smoking cigs in front of Ruby Sky
Jul 7, 2008

I just want to say thank you so much for all that you do. You have calmed my fears many of times. So i was out in SF on 4th of July and I had been drinking with my friends. We had planned to go to Ruby Sky, i dropped my ticket before i got in and the bouncer thought i was wasted. So i picked up some cigarettes and started smoking one. A homeless man came up to me and asked for one so i offered him one and we talked for a while then he tried to sell me some drugs, i was like no thanks man. but i handed him another cigarette, and then i shook his hand and tried getting back into the club. I noticed that i had a small cut on my finger that i certainly did not have earlier in the day. it wasn't gushing blood or anything. What do you think my risk is having a cut and interacting with this individual? i have no idea of his hiv status. i also had a canker sore in my mouth. maybe i'm just ocding out but i've just been thinking, what if he had a cut and when i put the cigarette in my mouth it touched my canker sore, or what if my cut touched a cut on his hands. i was pretty drunk so i wasn't really checking. thanks again for taking the time to read this. p.s. have you ever been to Ruby Sky? if so how is it? because they didn't let me back in

-too many thoughts in my head

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV risk is completely nonexistent. If HIV were that easily transmitted it would have wiped out the entire planet long ago. Frevinsakes!

As for Ruby Sky, it's a very high energy stylish dance club if you like acrobats swinging from a trapeze over your head and that sort of thing. It's definitely worth a look.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Made a $250 donation just now. Have a question, Dr. Bob.
Next
you rock but..

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.