$100 Donation Just Made... Cut on penis, please answer...

Hi there,

I just made a $100 (Verisign Transaction ID XXXXXXXXXXX)donation to your foundation and was hoping you could answer my question.

I am meeting an aquaintance of mine tonight. She is an escort of unknown HIV status. We always practice "safer-sex" and always use latex condoms during oral and vaginal intercourse.

However, last night, while shaving my genitalia I cut the back side of the base of my penis. The cut is small and is healing well. I am just concerned because I am not sure if the condom will cover it because it is so far back on my penis.

Should I abstain from activity? Or perhaps put a small band-aid on the abrasion?

Thanks for your time and this tremendously informative forum!

Best,

Paul

Hello Paul,

Without being able to examine the exact location and severity of the cut on your penis you sustained while shaving (OUCHAMAGOUCHA!), it is difficult for me to give you a definitive answer. If the "small well-healing cut" is completely covered by the condom and will not be exposed to vaginal secretions during a hot session of horizontal mattress mambo, then you should be fine to proceed with your amorous plans. However, if it's not completely covered, or likely to be exposed to vaginal fluids when the old in-and-out action gets hot and heavy, I'd suggest you refrain until the cut is completely healed. You can try unrolling a condom now to gauge your level of coverage and protection. I would not trust a band-aid to protect an open cut or wound in this area.

Paul, thank you for your generous donation. Your one gift will touch many lives, turning hopelessness into hope. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Be well and do be careful when wielding sharp objects around your home entertainment center, OK?

Sometimes being careful is not enough
HIV+ being Selfish (MAGNETIC COUPLE CONCERNS 2008)