Lying Cheater Multiple exposures

I met a man on the internet and fell in love over 7 months..the relationship is long distance and we were committed from the beginning. He visited me maybe 8 times. We, as a committed couple, had unprotected vaginal intercourse most times and on the last visit unprotected anal intercourse as well. Without getting into all the details my world was shattered when I found out he had other multiple partners and had even slept with a prostitute during the time we were together. It has now been 4 weeks was tested a week following the last visit and checked for everything. I came back positive for being exposed to a new herpes strain. Whether its one or two - they wont know for 3 months, however the culture came back negative. I have had headaches on and off, a lingering sore throat, feeling a little warm (feverish) at times, nausea sometimes... tired and stressed out. When I first went to the internal doc - I thought I had a urinary tract infection and he put me on cipro - because the test was inconclusive...he decided to let the culture grow over the weekend - but that came back negative for the Urinary Tract infection. I almost wish one of these other tests would have come back positive - because now I am convinced I am going through ARS. When should I test? 6 weeks? Now? - as I still have symptoms? So stressed.

Sorry your Mr. Right turned out to be Mr. Lying Cheater. Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for HIV. An HIV-antibody test at three months will give you an accurate definitive result. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive.

Try not to focus on "symptoms." "Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Spend some time reviewing the wealth of information in the archives of this forum. I'm confident you'll find the testimonials and information there both enlightening and reassuring.

causes of a false+
Sometimes being careful is not enough