wam

I was diagnoised about 8 months ago. My CD4 is 350 and VL is 1400. Dr said iam a low risk. Does this mean i can have sex with penetration and no condom? My partner did it and the condom came out, I did not reach orgasim. Could he be in danger?

Can you have penetrative sex without a condom? No, absolutely not! You are HIV positive and therefore capable of transmitting the virus to others. If your partner's condom either came off or broke during sex with you, he is at risk for contracting the virus. He will need HIV testing at three months and, if negative, a follow-up test at six months, as recommended by the CDC, because of his significant exposure to a partner confirmed to be HIV positive.

Read through the archives of this forum to l earn more about HIV transmission. I would recommend you begin with the chapters entitled "Magnetic Couples," "Sexual HIV Transmission," "Sexual HIV Prevention" and "Safer Sexual Techniques."

reality facts
causes of a false+