why does this go on?

dear dr bob i am the one who took all the aspirin when i was younger and i wanted t write and tell you that i went to a neurologist and she told me that i have ankle reflexes and that goes aganist the diagnosis of pn ok so ifelt better for 1 day and then i have come right back to where i was so i am thinking that maybe she either is liying or that the reflexes are easly confused with something else and that maybe she is wrong dr bob do you think a neurologist knows how to find reflexes because on the net pn sites talk about all kinds of tests to check for reflexes and all she had me do was lay on a table and she checked all above waist flexes and then had me raise my kness up while she pressed aganist my legs and then she checked my ankle reflexes i dont know if this makes a difference but i felt it when she she checked the flexes just the same as i did when she checked my knee reflexes please dr bob do you think this test for flexes was real and made right since there was no other electronic tests done like the ones i read about on the net i really want to give my family the mother they need but this is taking all of my energy and my husbands says he is going to move out if this dosent stop today i know there are 0 promises but my husband tested negative out of the window pd and i have 3 times 8 yrs out of the window pd please has your mind changed at all after reading this please help me with this thank you oh by the way i told the dr to also check achilles tendon flexes is that the right reflex to check for dspn thank you dr bob

The neurologist is not lying! If your ankle reflexes are present, you do not have HIV-related DSPN. Period. This is to be expected, as you've had three negative HIV tests out to eight years! You just can't get any more negative than that! My opinion has not changed. (See below.) I once again urge you to seek psychiatric help. There is no doubt you have a severe problem; but that problem is not HIV disease! It's irrational fear of HIV. I have no doubt you will indeed drive your husband and family away if you don't get the help you need for your very significant and very real problem. Show this post and my response to your husband and make an appointment with a psychiatrist without further delay. You should also bring a copy of this post to your first visit to discuss with your psychiatrist. It will help to focus your treatment.

suicide Dec 18, 2007

dr bob i went throygh some bad times growing up and attemted suicide at the age of 15 with a bottle of asprin i took about 70 and i got married when i was 20 and have had three negative eia hiv test please because your an immunoligist do you think that would cause me to have false negatives please dr help i have three kids with my husband and cant help but think i have killed all of my faily im so scared i didnt have my stomach pumped i just threw up thats all please help dr thank you

Your three negative EIA tests would be considered definitive, assuming they were taken more than three months after your last potential HIV exposure. Your aspirin overdose would not affect HIV test results. Considering your past history of "bad times" and a suicide attempt, I would urge you to seek the help of a psychiatrist. Your current worries are irrational and unwarranted. You have not killed all your "faily;" however, you are clinically depressed and in need of help. You could also use some help with punctuation and spelling, but first things first.

HIV and its psychological effects
night out with wife, extremely anxious