Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

re:Mate dontchya think?
Jul 2, 2008

Robert,

I think my message got across wrongly. I just mooted on the idea that each and every human being needs some time off...to prevent burnout. recharge batteries etc.

You do an excellent service and i have nothing against the worried wells... I just thought you should take rest and perhaps the folks can find answers in the archives than answered live!

but then... I think my idead was wrong... :)

Cheers

Ps: i have avoided from using any aussie slang.... :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Aussie,

Actually I understood your message perfectly. I actually do speak 'stralian slang, as one of my former lovers was from Sydney. I've made well over 20 trips to the Land Down Under and have a number of excellent friends who reside there. The point of my post was just to have some fun with the hordes of worried wells that overpopulate this forum! They get really pissed off whenever I take a few days off. Thanks for your concern and I do agree that vacations are indeed essential and therapeutic! (And I really do take more than my fair share!) I also very much agree that the vast majority of questioners could find the information or reassurance they are searching for, if they would search the archives!!!

Be well mate!

Dr. Bob

Mate dontchya think? Jul 1, 2008

Robert,

how are you going?

I had a negligible exposure and i readily went through the archives to find my particular query addressed. Thanks for answering it though :)

Anyway, dontchya think you should 'kip' for a while, spend time with steve and do things you always wanted too? and make this forums 'archived' for a while? I am sure you need it mate!

Anyway, you are ace and on a good lurk...

god bless you

Love you

c ya

aerial ping pong lover!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Aerial Ping Pong Cover,

Good thing most of the anxious wrecks, who haunt this site continually from dawn to dusk, parsing my every word while they poke and prod their nether regions trying to find a swollen node (ohmigawd!) while having both an oral and rectal thermometer in place waiting for a fever to strike and examining every inch of their skin for a new blemish that certainly must be a developing Kaposi's sarcoma lesion, don't speak Australian. Because if they did, they would know that "kip for a while" means take a break or go on a vacation. And if they knew you were encouraging me to go on vacation without specifically answering their burning question about the HIV risk of being whipped with a stalk of wilted celery by a cross-dressing, pre-surgical Mormon midget with webbed feet and wearing a McCain for President button, well, let's just day they might track you down, drag you to the outback and make you eat witchetty grubs or, worse, vegemite! But no worries mate. The folks here don't speak 'stralian, OK? And mate, thanks for pointing out that the answers to most questions really are in the archives!

Ciao!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Med Stud from Argentina a bit more relaxed doc!
Next
test symptoms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.