Med Stud from Argentina a bit more relaxed doc!

Hi doc!

I hope you remember me! I'm the 21 y/o med stud from Argentina!! I was worried because I had performed unprotected oral sex to a guy I was dating (I'm gay) and after a couple of weeks I had started to feel very itchy skin, sore throat and a couple of weeks later I got a fungus nail infection in my toenails. I tested negative for HIV at 6, 8 and 13 weeks (all ELISA 3er and 4th generation tests). However, I still have this sore throat which hasn't gone away yet (tried antibiotics but don't seem to work). I had had oral surgery 3 months before my exposure... do you think this is an "extenuating circumstance"? Are these symptoms typical of early HIV infection?? And last but not least..can I rely on my 89 day negative test? I always feel I will turn positive in the following test every time I think about my symptoms...they look so HIV!! Finally, I was having a look at the spanish version of TheBody and realised that Steven is in charge of it and can speak it (never heard him but at least writes it!) so well! I'm sure you should start taking spanish lessons too! Thanks doc!

Welcome back to the forum.

Oral surgery three months before a possible HIV exposure would not be considered an "extenuating circumstance." Your negative HIV tests remain conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Yes, "my Steve" is indeed Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum. Not only does he speak and write Spanish fluently; he's smart and sexy too! Lucky me, eh?

# month test accurate?
re:Mate dontchya think?