how much alcohol can we drink?

Dr. Bob, Since you are also positive- i was wondering how much alcohol is safe to drink with taking medications? Can you have 4 beers a day once a while or some red bull vodka or some fine wine? What do you do? is it okay?

Hi Ben,

If your liver in good shape, alcohol in moderation is generally not a problem with HIV medications. Check with your HIV specialist. He has all your laboratory results, including liver function studies, and knows what medications you are on. He will be able to advise you more specifically on whether you need to severely limit your alcohol intake. As for what I do, I enjoy alcohol in moderation and sex to excess. It's healthier than the other way around.

rule the world follow up Q
When to take test? Really need help!