how much alcohol can we drink?
Jul 1, 2008
Dr. Bob, Since you are also positive- i was wondering how much alcohol is safe to drink with taking medications? Can you have 4 beers a day once a while or some red bull vodka or some fine wine? What do you do? is it okay?
Response from Dr. Frascino
If your liver in good shape, alcohol in moderation is generally not a problem with HIV medications. Check with your HIV specialist. He has all your laboratory results, including liver function studies, and knows what medications you are on. He will be able to advise you more specifically on whether you need to severely limit your alcohol intake. As for what I do, I enjoy alcohol in moderation and sex to excess. It's healthier than the other way around.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sex With A Prostitute Safe?
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.