Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please please please

Jul 1, 2008

Dr Bob, I cant move on. I have a 3 month negative antibody test with labcorp and an undetectable RNA PCR test at 10 weeks. But I am still going in circles.... let me take you on a ride: these rashes mostly on my back appeared 32 days after a questionable encounter with a CSW (condom slipped) and look just like ARS rash as described by many sources including body.com, now if this was ARS I should have tested positive by either antibody or RNA so these cant be ARS rash and they have already lasted too long >70 days and counting, so these have to be something else, my doctor and dermatologist cant say what they are other than may be some moles with acne, that strangely appeared all of a sudden, so these might be ARS and they say rash is one of the most specific symptoms, it might be ARS now I again go back through the whole process zillions of times a days everyday, my life is become this , my research advisor, friends are all concerned about what is wrong with me... please guide me. I will take our word and do as you say.... thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your three-month negative HIV-antibody test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. The undetectable RNA at 10 weeks merely corroborates what we already knew from your negative 3 month antibody test: HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

Now what's all this nonsense about ". . . if this was ARS . . ."? Dearie, haven't you been paying attention? We have overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence it can't be HIV; therefore, your "what if" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's not ARS, because you don't have HIV! Period. Full stop!!! Whatever is causing your rash, one thing is absolutely certain: It's not HIV! If your dermatologist can't figure out what's causing your rash, get a second opinion. Stop chasing a disease (HIV) that you could not possibly have, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
donation/verification
Next
rule the world follow up Q

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.