Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Kissing Ahhhhh!
Jul 1, 2008

I have made out with a gay man. OMG, and from the sounds his past from what I know about him he used to shoot drugs! I am scared to death of the light make out session I had with him. My lymph nodes hurt after two weeks and now I am very scared! I head things like hepatitis B and Syphilis are often passed through kissing too. YucK. Lesson learned! Do I have anything to worry about?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your STD/HIV risk from a "light make out session" and kissing a gay man is essentially nonexistent, no matter what his past may be! Sorry dearie, but apparently your "lesson learned" was the wrong lesson! STD/HIV-acquisition risk has much more to do with the type of risk behavior than with the sexual orientation of your sexual partner. For instance, unprotected heterosexual vaginal penetrative sex with someone straight as a lawn dart is far riskier than protected anal sex with someone gay enough to bottom Liberace, OK? So do you have anything to worry about? Well certainly not from a light make-out session with the gay guy.

Dr. Bob

Previous
sick of not looking fabulous- Now im king hippo
Next
Is it danger to catch HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.