Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

COSTA RICA ARS BACK AGAIN!!
Jun 30, 2008

Hey hey doc,

Hows it hanging?

I hope all is well ..lol

Well I dont know if you remember me but I asked you several questions last year I believe .

I am back!

I had unprotected sex on the 17th and had 3 more enocunters with the same person.

Which I am pretty sure she takes care of herself but her ex boyfriend seems a bit shady.

It has now been 11 days since the 1st encounter and....

I have brief episodes of lose stomach , and I feel a small blister in the inside of my mouth.

This tendency of mine of not using condoms is really getting old as I want to change but they really kill the mood for me.

I know its usually 2 to 3 weeks and 11 days is too son but what is your input on this.

I hope your doing well and I hope you have been cleaning the craps tables..haha

Saludos from costa rica

Your

Gambling man

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Gambling Man,

I'm somewhat surprised your back here again with the same worries about unprotected sex. Obviously you are indeed a gambling man. You'd like my input? OK. Here it is. Every time you have unprotected sex you are playing sexual Russian roulette, pure and simple. Just as always, you'll need an HIV test at the three-month mark and none of us will know if you've contracted the virus or not until you are tested. It really is just that plain and simple. By the way, if you think condoms are a mood killer, you'll find that's nothing compared to being HIV infected.

Wise up Gambling Man. You have more to lose here than just chips, dollars or euros.

As for me, I'm heading for Vegas again in two weeks to see Bette Midler's show and hopefully to extend my winning streak at Bellagio.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV Testing
Next
sick of not looking fabulous- Now im king hippo

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.