Jun 30, 2008
Hello doc, if a man is having unprotected sex with the same partner for the last 6 years, does he has to wait for another 3 months(after 6 years) to get true HIV result, or he can go for hiv test straight away.? I mean, if he had been infected with HIV in the srarting days of unprotected sex,then why to wait for 3 months even after 5 years?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
The rule is to wait three months after your last potential HIV exposure to get an HIV-antibody test. Not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission. Consequently, for a definitive result, you need to get tested three months or more after your last potential exposure to assure you didn't contract the virus at the time of that last roll in the hay, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.