Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Blow Hard
Jun 26, 2008

I'm a gay guy, 23, and although I've never had unprotected anal sex, I'm pretty partial to a tute on the skin flute! I never let a guy ejaculate in my mouth though, much to some's dismay.. I sometimes ask a guys status but in the past I haven't always been so cautious. I went to get screened for pretty much everything recently, and after asking my sexual history, the doctor (it was a free STD clinic in Germany) said I only needed the bacterial infection tests and hepatitis tests to check which strain I had been immunised against (as I couldn't remember) I said I wanted all the tests including HIV, and she sort of laughed and looked at me sympathetically (it was actually rather sweet and maternal!) and said I didn't need one. I said I wanted one anyway and she complied. I won't get the results for about a week unfortunately. I Wish I was as confident as she was, but do you think I could carry on my current regime of oral-yum yums and not have any cause for concern? Or maybe I should just give it up for lent once in a while? I don't think I could get used to sucking on latex!

Thanks Doc, you rock my socks...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Mr. Blow Hard,

You can decide to give up whatever you like for lent, but please note skin flute tooting carries only a very low risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. So low that many flautists (and many flutes too) have decided to forego the latex instrument wrapping. Only you, based on what's known scientifically and your personal comfort level, can decide if this is "safe enough" for you. (Obviously "oral yum-yums" are safe enough for the sweet maternal fraulein doctor at the German free STD clinic!)

One thing that may help would be to peruse the information in the archives of this forum. We have whole chapters devoted to oral yum-yum flute toots (oral sex), safer sexual techniques and sexual HIV transmission risk.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV from saliva
Next
HIV + model not on treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.