Have I put my family at risk?

I got some of my semen on my bedsheets and waited until everyone was out to put my bedsheets in the wash separately from the rest of the family's washing. Unfortunately my mum got there first and put my sheets in the wash with the regular washing including other people's bedsheets and clothes. I'm a major worrier and won't be able to put my mind at rest until i can get this confirmed~ Is there any danger that my stain could transfer any diseases, including HIV (i presume i don't have it since i'm a virgin and have never done drugs) via the other clothes that were in the same wash cycle?? I know this sounds crazy parnoid but i'm freaking out. Thanks

I'm curious. If you are a virgin and have never shared intravenous drug paraphernalia, you have absolutely no chance of being HIV positive or having any other sexually transmitted disease, right? So, tell me. How exactly would your spunked-up sheets possibly transmit HIV or any other STD? I can only assume you are working under the mistaken assumption that any and all semen could possibly transmit a disease. This misconception again points out why age-appropriate, science-based sex education needs to be taught in school. If it was, by the time anyone was old enough to start jacking off, they would know semen or vaginal fluids are only a risk if the person getting off is HIV positive (infected with the HIV/AIDS virus). Otherwise the fluids are harmless; sticky, but harmless nonetheless. In other words, a person who does not have a specific disease (germ) cannot pass it on to anyone else. Just like a person who does not have a million dollars cannot give someone else a million dollars! OK?

So, the reason your question "sounds crazy parnoid" (whatever that is!) is you unfortunately have not been taught the basics of human sexuality. Consequently, something as normal and enjoyable as masturbating becomes frightening. I suggest you spend some time reading through the information on this site and in the archives. (We have a whole chapter on masturbation.) Hopefully it will begin your sex education and alleviate further unwarranted worries.

Kissing - With a sore in the mouth
am i at rist