Kissing - With a sore in the mouth

Dr. Bob,

Hope all is good with you. Thank you for the great service. I have been a proud donator of yours. I plan to contribute more. Also, is there any other help that we could provide apart from donations.

Now coming to my (probably) useless question. Hope it doesn't waste your time but I am somewhat panicked. I went to a strip club. The stripper did some usual strip club stuff (nothing unsafe). However, after everything the stripper kissed me for a second on my lips as a goodbye. My mouth was most likely not wide open. I have a small sore inside my mouth (right by my lips). My lips were also quite dry when she kissed me for a second. Is it possible for me to contract hiv if her lips were also quite dry and may be had blood on them. Also what if she licked her lips with her tongue before kissing me. What if the saliva when she licked her lips contained some blood from her mouth. Am at risk of hiv for this situation.

I look forward to your answer.

Thanks.

Your HIV-acquisition risk from the stripper kiss is completely nonexistent, even with all your "what ifs!" Remember the lyrics to the old song: "You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss . . . as times goes by?"

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). As far as help in addition to donations, I suggest:

1. "Pay it forward." That means take what you've learned here about HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention and spread the word! Talk about HIV/AIDS to your friends, family, coworkers, church group, PTA, swinging singles club, whatever!

2. Insist on science-based, age-appropriate sex education in our schools. (Abolish Dubya's disastrous abstinence-only-until-marriage sex education programs that have been proven to be ineffective and to leave our youth unprepared to protect themselves should they choose something other than abstinence).

3. Vote sex-phobic, anti-science, rightwing-religious-zealot GOPers out of office.

HIV TEST RESULTS
Have I put my family at risk?