Negative test with symptoms
Jun 25, 2008
Hello Dr. I have had many symptoms for the past two years after an encounter with a stripper. Most recently unexlained weight loss (especially legs and buttocks). I recently had a non reative HIV 1/2 test, should I get further testing?
Response from Dr. Frascino
A negative FDA-approved HIV-antibody test two years after a potential exposure is conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted. You'll need to look elsewhere for the cause of your unexplained weight loss. I suggest you start with your general internist for a checkup.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Test After Sex With A Prostitute
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.