Quick short response please

If you were exposed to HIV and got it, but got shingles because your immune system was weak from just gettin HIV would a 6 week test not be encouraging because of the fact that your body would try and fix the shingles before therefore take maybe longer to develop the anitbodies. I am going to get tested at 12 weeks no matter what. i just was wondering if the shingles would slow down my bodys abilitiy to develop antibodies to HIV? please please respond i'm a mess...

I've already answered this question (see below). I have not changed my opinion and yes, you are indeed a mess. However the good news is that I'm confident this will all sort itself out once your HIV status has been definitively determined.

Depressed Jun 25, 2008

Hi, I was the one who had shingles. I had a 6 week test that was negative. I am going to re test at the end of the window period. Apparently the vast majoirity of people test pos by 6 weeks, would this be different for me because my body was fighting/sick with shingles? Or would a six week still be encouraging because the shingles would have no effect on how fast I would test positve.. Thanks , please please write back to me, Thank you.

No, having shingles would not affect your body's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies. A six-week negative test would still be encouraging and still not be conclusive, as HIV tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive.

finally accepting being negative
Dr Bob they shoulkd give out awards for worry wells