finally accepting being negative

Hey Doctor,

Do you have any advice to someone who has had a negative test result to believe their result. I mean many people say "go see a psychiatrist (sp?)" But from your line of work do you have any advice to give to someone regarding the acceptance of their negative result. I mean I personally try to find every reason to think the test was done wrong and needs to be repeated. Scientifically I am negative, but I still convince myself I am positive based on symptoms. Please any advice would help termendously. :(

Thanks for all of your support doctor.

Since you obviously realize that "scientifically" you are HIV negative and that your problem is accepting the overwhelming and incontrovertible fact of your negative status, there is no doubt your problem is "all in your head" (so to speak). Psychiatrists are indeed the head doctors. Consequently, I agree with the folks who advised you to seek the help of a psychiatrist. Your HIV fears are irrational and unwarranted. HIV is not your problem; irrational fear of being HIV infected is! Counseling can help you accept the truly wonderful news that you dodged the HIV bullet. Give it a try. It certainly cannot hurt!

-THIS IS HIV IS IT NOT???have i seroconverted -please assist- have wierd spots on both sides of legs now disappearing
Quick short response please