Hello you WOO-HOOER! Should I give it a rest?

I'm the guy who titled my previous question: I need your OPINION!!!!!! "I really think I'm infected."

I took your advice and had my 3 month HIV tests come back negative. I am happy about this because most people say that a 3 month negative is a good sign. Some say it's conclusive and others say that I need to test at 6 months to a year.

My body is still going through something. After having all the symptoms, I still have pain in my under arms, the joint pain is still present. Now I've developed red palms and feet. It's like blood rushes to my hands but when I raise my hands towards my face, the blood rushes away. I feel like my blood is not circulating correctly. VERY SCARY!!!!! I had pains in my organs for a week too.

My questions are,

If I am still having symptoms after 3 months of my exposure, could it mean that I am still in the midst of seroconversion? Or could it be that my immune system is compromised and something is preventing test accuracy? Would the tests pick up something if I were sereconverting? Do tests trump HIV symptoms? Is it a possibility that I am a rare case? As an expert, do you think my concerns are irrational?

The risk, the symptoms, the experience and all of the conflict has left me feeling doubtful.

Is it essential to test at 6 months or sooner in my case? Or should I give it a rest and jump for joy? I don't want to leave this behind and then have it smack me in the face later on in life.

I know that you did tell me that my fears are unwarranted. Every time I read that I cry. I have been seeking counseling as well, just like you have suggested. I just want to pull through this. I've always been the guy who never succeeds in anything he try's. I just need this to be the one thing.

~dave

Hello Dave,

I'll be brief. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Yes, you are being irrational. No further HIV testing is warranted. Don't just "seek counseling;" you need to actually get counseling from a qualified psychologist or psychiatrist. That is definitely your next step back to health, both mental and physical.

I need your OPINION!!!!!! I really think I'm infected. Jun 9, 2008

I had unprotected anal and was receptive. I know, I'm a fool. I came down with all of the hiv symptoms after 2 weeks. Started with feeling exhausted. Anyway, I tested positive at 2 weeks. Since then, i've taken several tests. About 11 to be exact. All have come back negative. It's been 11 weeks and I am negative so far. My question to you is, was the first test an indicator? Am I going to test positive because I'm still in the window period? Is an 11 week test accurate? The Senior Social worker at one of the top aids clinics in NYC told me that I'm negative for sure at 8 weeks. He told me that he's never seen anyone test negative and then positive later on. I want to believe him but with all of the symptoms and that first positive, I JUST CAN'T. I'm convinced and just need some reassurance. Everyone keeps telling me to ask "THE BODY.COM!!!!!!! I would greatly appreciate anything that you have to say. I know your always doing this and your answers will be valued for life. Should I just forget about testing and move on? Should I fear that my next test next week is going to be Poz? Should I test at 6 months if it's negative?

Relax Max! Your first test was undoubtedly a "false positive." Your 11 subsequent negative tests out to 11 weeks are more than ample evidence that the first test, not the subsequent 11 that followed, was wrong. I would advise a single test at the three-month mark (as that is the current-guidelines recommendation for a definitive HIV test. I have no doubt it will be negative. At that point all you'll need to do is hell WOO-HOO. And, of course, learn from this very trying experience. Unsafe sex is not worth the risk, the worry and the potential catastrophic consequences. If you cannot put your fears to rest after your three-month test, I'd suggest you get some counseling. Your fears are unwarranted.

Young children and HIV
Oral sex ,and my stupid mistake! Plz help