Jun 23, 2008
Dr. BOB, Let me start by saying you are awesome!
I've been looking thru the achives for answers to my questions, but haven't really found direct answers to all them. I was currently diagnosed as positive and my partner is negative. I am a bttm and he is a top. I have few questions about what safe and whats isn't for you and would greatly appreciate your feedback..
1. Being a POS bttm and him a negative TOP...Should he always wear a condom...I know the answer is yes...6.5 out of 10,000 is the probability.
2. Oral sex: Could I perform oral sex on him without a condom? Is there a risk factor? I know that if he was to perform oral sex on me then a condom is a must, but how about me performing oral sex on him?
3. Is it safe during forplay to allow our penises to rub against each other(grind each other). I tend to release a lot of precum.
4 Is there a risk factor if my semen was to touch his skin during sex-
5. Is it safe for him to touch my penis without a condom. Or should I weak a jock strap covering my privates.
Do apologize for being blunt, but I wasn't sure how else to ask the questions without being direct.
Thank you for your time!!!!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. ". . . Should he always wear a condom . . . . I know the answer is yes . . . ." I absolutely agree!!!
2. The HIV-acquisition risk for insertive oral sex with (getting sucked by) an HIV-positive partner is negligible, barring extenuating circumstances. Many magnetic couples forego condoms for oral sex, deciding the risk is slight enough to be acceptable.
3. Frottage (bump and grind without insertion) is not considered to be a significant HIV risk.
4. No, assuming the involved skin is intact. HIV cannot permeate intact skin.
5. Yes, touching is indeed safe (and fun!).
No need for an apology! Your questions hardly qualified for a PG-13 rating. Many of the questions posted are R and we also have more than a few NC-17s! Check out the archives!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hepatitis And Hiv Enter The Body Through Common Wart?
- When Will People Infected With Hiv Show The Presence Of Antibodies?
- Neuropathy And Ivig Treatment
- How Do U Distinguish A Regular Lump In Ur Armpit From An Hiv Lump?
- What Would Be The Changes In Nails With Hiv?
- Neck Lymph Node Pain With Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.