Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

small amount of donation from india
Jun 21, 2008

hi doctor i am reading your forum for last 1year today i donate $25 which is equal to 1000 indian rupees to your foundation my question is this i had a sex with prositute and properly use latex condom and condom was not break but while removing condom i touche some vaginal fluide and then i touche head of my penis with same finger can i get hiv because my penis was wet becuse of semen . now i am planning to donate $ 10 every month but please dont tell me to take a test .

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The risk of HIV transmission/acquisition is essentially nonexistent if a latex condom is used appropriately and does not fail (break). The risk of transferring infected vaginal fluids to your urethra (pee hole) while removing a condom is extremely remote at best. I would not advise testing for that level of potential risk.

Thank you for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated. Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe. But don't be fearful of an HIV test if you ever need to have one! They could save your life, whereas fear, denial and avoidance could hasten your departure from this world if you were to ignore a significant medical problem!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Moron
Next
FORMER WORRIED WELL

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.