How to engage safely in petting with oil? (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS)

Dear Dr. Frascino

I wish you all the best from Argentina.

English is not my mother language so I ask for your comprehension if there are any wrongly written word or any grammar mistake, before anything else.

I consider giving any female partner an erotic massage - including actively masturbating and fingering her while wearing latex medical gloves - to be a safe sexual practice to avoid the risk of HIV infection while still enjoying sex.

I see it as a sexually stimulating and regarding activity for both of us without the risk of catching HIV.

Sometimes, to be honest, the erotic massage session gets hot enough so as to end it up having protected penetrative vaginal sex wearing a latex condom, of course.

However, most of body massage lotions are oily or refined mineral oil and sometimes they have weaked the latex of both gloves and condom leading to spontaneous ruptures and tears.

To prevent this to happen - because it has happened before yet - I am now accustomed to avoid contact of the gloves with the oil and use water-based lubricant for masturbating and fingering her and to wear TWO heavy-duty latex condoms trying to avoid - as far as it is possible - their contact with the oily lotions I had been using previously for giving her the erotic massage.

However it is not always possible to do that because in the smoking-hot core of the action we rubbing our bodies each other while they are oily and sometimes the condom takes direct contact with the oil.

My questions are:

1) Is there any alternative latex-protecting lotion or substance you know I may use for giving someone an erotic massage instead of using oily lotions or mineral oil itself which damage latex? Could Glycerin be adequate for it to prevent damage to both gloves and condom ? I do not know.

2)Is there any enhancement in the protective effect of the condom against HIV infection when one wear TWO condoms at the same time instead of only one? I mean....whether you use a water-based lubricant or not?

thank you very,very much Dr. Frascino for your answer.

I will looking forward for it.

Carlos ( from Argentina )

Hello Carlos,

You consider giving "any female" an erotic massage!?!? Wow, I can just imagine hordes of horny gals frantically typing a message to me at this very moment asking for the hot sexy Argentinean guy's e-mail address so they can set up some time with you for your full-service massage with benefits!

To address your concerns:

1. Yes, there are a variety of condom-safe massage lotions. For instance, "WET" makes a line of water-based flavored moisturizing massage lotions that are condom compatible. As you rub these in, they actually get warm. These "warming" lotions come in five flavors! You can buy them online. Another option is to use polyurethane condoms. They do not degrade with oil-based products and therefore are considered safe when using oil-based lubricants.

2. Wearing two latex condoms is not a good idea! (See below.)

goodyear rubber (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Nov 27, 2007

thank you for your much needed service.i will be happy to donate to your cause.iam a married man who "BI ANAL ly has anal sex with a man who visits my area .i am the insertive partner.as a ultra safe precaution i have used,four,yes four condoms on my penis. no i don't get the sensation but the act itself gets me off.i know what your thinking,but it works for me. i have heard double bagging can be counterproductive as it can cause friction between the condoms.do you think using four erases any cause for concern(not my mental well being ) but my obvious fear of contracting hiv?i and he both enjoy these twice a year get togethers.i guess i'm just seeking total piece of mind and yes my wife knows.

Hey Goodyear Rubber Guy,

"Bi-Anal-ly" indeed! Hmm . . . and you use four condoms for your backdoor action to potentially "erase any cause for concern???" And you state, "I know what you're thinking . . . ." Hmm, I tend to doubt that, but what I'm thinking doesn't relate to the point of your question, so I'll save those comments for another time. Regarding your four-condom action plan, well, there is absolutely no evidence that four condoms offer any more protection than one. You are also correct that there is some evidence suggesting double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! One could surmise the same increased risk could apply to quadruple bagging.

So Goodyear Rubber Guy (or Michelin Tire Man?), my advice remains that you should use one condom, but use it properly with plenty of water-based lubricant. (See below.)

Can two condoms be safe (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Aug 27, 2007

An HIV + male had on two condoms, we had vaginal intercourse (i was on top)...not for very long time......as soon as i got off of him (condoms still on), I saw him ejaculate into the condom. i did not see anything leaking out...everything seemed to be in the first condom. i inspected the condoms the next day and noticed the internal condom was full of semen, mainly at the top and the outer condom seemed to move loosley around the outside, as though it had never come in contact with semen from the first condom. I am very scared and worried and mad with myself for what I did. What are my chances of getting past this without having contracted HIV?

Thanks for your time.

Your HIV risk would be nonexistent if the latex condom did not fail. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. That said, I do not recommend "double bagging." See below.

Double condoms to prevent HIV Aug 29, 2005

Dear Robert, I travel lot for asian countries like thailand etc.When I have sex with Bar girls there I always use double comdoms(ie one on other) as precaution ,so what is my chance of getting HIV.For information my condoms never brokened nor I had oral sex with them.

There are no scientific studies showing "double bagging" is safer than properly using a single latex condom. In fact, there is some information suggesting that double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of the condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! Besides, it's hard enough to get one layer of latex on and used properly. By the time you double wrap, your partner could be out of the mood or asleep. Plus, Mr. Happy will probably not feel all that happy. He might not "feel" much at all! And if two layers were safer, then what about three or four or a dozen? Pretty soon it's going to be like sleeping with the Michelin Tire Man.

Delaying starting meds
Moron