Delaying starting meds

Guess who? It's your Alabama Gal! lol

Quick question: Tomorrow is when I'll discover what my resistance is and which meds to begin on. I'm going to Calif for my parents 50th and family union at the end of July thru first week of Aug. Realizing that there is an adjustment period to starting any medication for any condition...in your opinion do you feel it would be a vaiable decision to put off starting meds until I return back home? I fear that any side effects and anxiety over med schedules etc might dampen the spirit to which I wish to have during this fun and exciting vacation. Could putting off begining treatment for a few weeks be a choice I can feel comfortable with? 6 weeks ago stats...Vl 10,000...and CD4 246...and a definite sudden decline with percent.

Keep supporting me Dr. Bob...you make my world go from twisting/twirley to somewhat sane!

Thank you...answer as soon as you are able...time is not my allie at this particular time. I want to go on my trip without feeling I am neglecting what is best for me...yet I want to be able to enjoy it as if what is can wait with no logistical problems.1

Too much to ask? So what...I'm asking!! lol

Hi Alabama Gal,

While I doubt there would be any significant negative consequences to your waiting to begin your regimen until after your vacation, I really don't believe there is any real reason to wait. You have a full month to adjust to your mediations before heading to California. That should be plenty of time. Besides, many of the newer regimens are much more convenient to take and better tolerated than the older ones. In fact, you may even feel significantly better on your medications! Consequently, my vote would be to get started now and enjoy your California getaway with the comforting thought that your medications are doing some serious ass-kicking of your HIV infection!

Safe travels. Bon voyage!

Why PEP affects the window period?
How to engage safely in petting with oil? (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS)