Oral Thrush - Tricky scenario? PLEASE HELP!

Doctor Bob,

I have written to you previously, but am desperate for an answer as I want to make sure I am in the clear before proposing.

I have (confirmed) oral thrush (not sure for how long). But, bar a few extra colds last year, am doing okay. No problems in 08, anyway.

I have not taken antibiotics for well over a year, not diabetic etc.

However, all I read is that to get oral thrush, I must be immunocompromised in some way.

I have tested negative for HIV (all 4th gen tests) over a year post-exposure.

Can I be sure all the tests are accurate in light of the oral thrush?

I've seen Doctors say that HIV is not their problem when people with thrush test negative, but given the whole "immunocompromised" line being churned out, wouldn't that negate the validity of the test?

Thanks for the help, Doctor Bob.

I wouldn't question the validity of your 4th generation negative HIV tests out to one year post-exposure, but rather I'd question your oral thrush diagnosis. Why not get a second opinion from an infectious disease specialist. Whether or not you have clinically significant oral thrush (which I tend to doubt), one thing is absolutely certain: The cause is not HIV-related! Your repeatedly negative HIV tests are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I also tend to doubt you are "immunocompromised."

a NOBLE price?
Why PEP affects the window period?