crazy sister

Hello Dr. Bob thanks a lot for taking the time to answer and let me give you my and my sisters congratulations for your labor. My sis yesterday was very excited because she recived a letter of your foundation because of a donation she made she was nuts you should seen her lol. she thought you were gonna e-mail her so she was thinking in the past they forgot about me, I think thats the reason she was so exciting and crazy. She didnt speak very well English so she use a traductor to know what was about. I have a simple question the method of quimioluminiscencia is approved by the fda? Is not an elisa test but this one looks for hiv antibodys too. I will really appreciate if you could answer my question, have a great day and and thanks again for your time a very big hug from me and my crazy sister Alberto (bleeding balls)

Hi Alberto,

Yes, chemiluminescence is an FDA-approved testing method and equivalent to immunofluorescence assays (IFA). Chemiluminescence is actually the name of a method of testing (like ELISA or Western Blot, etc.). It can certainly be used to detect anti-HIV antibodies. It is not the trade name of a test, but rather merely a testing method. The FDA usually approves tests by trade names, rather than just method.

Major cyber hugs to both you and your sister.

Med student suffering from Hiv anxiety and greetings from Argentina
worried well...not again