Med student suffering from Hiv anxiety and greetings from Argentina

Hi doc, I'm a 21 years old med student from Argentina, you surely know us for the well known Evita musical haha. Anyway, I performed oral sex to a gay guy 11 weeks ago and I've been suffering from this sore throat for 9 weeks, needless to say that I'm a bit nervous about it. I've also felt my skin extremely itchy for the first two weeks after exposure but now I feel fine about this issue. I've tested negative for HIV and other STD's at weeks 6 and 8. I know I need that precious 3 months test to be certain I'm negative but in the meantime, I wanted to congratulate you on the fantastic work you have, you do and hopefully will continue doing for all the WWs around the globe. I can't afford sending you a donation but if I happen to become such a great doctor like you, I cross my heart I will send them to your foundation. There's no need to post this message but I'd be extremely pleased if I receive a message from you, and please send me the never needed most karma of yours. Thank you!

Hey Med. Stud. (short for student!),

Thanks for your kind comments. As you probably know, oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for HIV transmission/acquisition without extenuating circumstances being present. Also, negative HIV tests out to eight weeks are extremely encouraging, as the vast, vast majority of HIV-infected folks would have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to eight weeks of primary HIV infection. Consequently, the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract the virus from your penis Popsicle suck-a-thon, even though you've subsequently had a protracted sore throat.

Although I strongly doubt you'll need my good-luck karma, I will indeed send it with my very best personal wishes for good health and successful completion of your medical studies. We need more qualified physicians worldwide. Perhaps you'll even consider a career in HIV medicine!

Good luck. Be well!

What do you think about a test at 5 months???? (HEPATITIS C AND DELAYED HIV SEROCONVERSION)
crazy sister