Concerned question from a paranoid LA girl!!!

i normally am a paranoid freak :) BUT i thought i would ask you to verify for me :-)

I had a blood test several weeks ago...1 month acutally and have been having headaches and severe intestinal disturbances. My issue, concern rather, is the needle which was used to draw my blood. I had it taken at a local hospital but had a strange feeling about the needle that was being used. I asked her (nurse) if she cleaned the needle and she said, "honey we dont clean them. we use new ones"

still though...i had a strange feeling. So what are your thoughts?? Am I just an overactive, paranoid girl or should there be a reasonable concern here?

Thanks again.

On another note, I remember seeing your name somewhere. Are you a musician?? Or perhaps one of my guy friends had a crush on you. There is something else you can do for the medical field..research why all the straight guys are jerks!!! You could make billions on that one!! Luv ya and thanks again Bob!

So you clearly realize that you are "a paranoid freak" and you want me to verify this for you???? Strange request, but OK. I hereby certify you an absolute and total paranoid freak, OK?

Regarding blood tests, the nurse was absolutely correct: Needles are never reused, except perhaps by street junkies shooting heroin! Consequently, your fears are completely irrational and totally unwarranted. OK? By the way, don't think you are alone in having this particular paranoid fear. Just check the archives and you'll find gazillions of other paranoid freaks concerned about the unrealistic possibility of reused needles, reused cotton balls, reused Band-Aids, reused rubber gloves, etc., etc., etc. I'm actually amazed someone hasn't freaked out when they realized I'm HIV positive, fearing that they could contract the virus through their computer by cyber-communicating with me.

As for your "another note," yep, I'm a musician, pianist to be exact. I give concerts along with my fiancé Steve. (I can say fiancé now, due to the California Supreme Court's decision allowing same-sex marriage! Yeah!) Steve is Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum. He and I give concerts to raise money for needy AIDS organizations worldwide. (Check out www.concertedeffort.org.) As for the possibility of your friend having a crush on me, well, I guess you'll have to ask him about that.

Finally, as far as my doing research on "why all straight guys are jerks," well, I'd rather remove my ears with a cheese grater.

Luv you too doll.

Be well. Stop worrying so much. It makes your forehead all wrinkly.

HIV Testing with Military Inoculations
What do you think about a test at 5 months???? (HEPATITIS C AND DELAYED HIV SEROCONVERSION)