Cut on the finger - worried father (your advice is life saving medicine to me)

Dear Doctor,

I had unprotected oral sex around three years back and I have done HIV test(after six months of the exposure)and the result was negative. Recently I had very bad fever/sore throat which made me worried about my HIV status. Two days back I went to local clinic in Singapore for the HIV test (using ORAQUICK) and the result was negative. After receiving the test I noticed that I had small cut on my finger. Instead of being happy that the HIV result was in my favour, I am extremely worried whether I could have touch something in the clinic which puts me at risk for HIV.

Doctor, this is special clinic in Singapore where anonymous HIV testing is allowed and most of the patients are with high risk of HIV exposure.

Please advise I am so depressed that I cannot even look at my son.

Thanks & Best Regards God Bless you for all of your good work.

Your HIV fears are irrational and unwarranted. Your negative HIV test three years after your unprotected oral sexcapade is definitive and conclusive.

Having a small cut on your finger while attending an STD clinic for HIV testing is not a risk for HIV acquisition. Gosh, if HIV were that easy to get, it would have wiped out the planet long ago. With such severe and irrational HIV-related fears, I'd suggest you consider getting psychological or psychiatric help so that you can confront and conquer these totally unwarranted HIV worries.

Another Oral insertive in South Africa
HIV Transmission Paranoia and Anxiety