Another Oral insertive in South Africa

Hi Doc,

Here goes. On 23 Feb this year I had insertive fellatio with male condom with a CSW. However, before opening the wrapper, I touched her nether-regions and may have gotten fluid on my hands. I'm not sure if I wiped it. I then proceded putting on the condom touching possibly both sides of the condom. However she sucked briefly and I removed the condom. a while later (maybe a minute) I put on a new condom and she proceeded to suck until I came. Here is the catch though, I used standard issue government condoms, and I am not sure whether the one I used was part of the defective batch which was recalled last year.

The Bj is was given felt like I was wearing no protection, but when we were done, I removed the condom and gave it to her...I could see no leaks...nor could I see visible blood on the condom.

I immediately went to hospital and was placed on PEP combivir for a full 28 days. During week 7 after exposure I tested negative with rapid test. Week8 I started developing aching nodes, which came and went and came back again. I now at week 16 have loose stools and pass stools at least three times a day also the colour is weirdly yellowish to light in colour. Since testing I also developed heavy sinus problems - don't get me wrong I always ad sinusitus it just seemed worse this time. Luckily thaat has cleared now.

Was I at risk and if not what are these symptoms?

Why were you put on PEP for a condom-protected blowjob? PEP certainly was not warranted. Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not break.

I cannot diagnose the cause of your "symptoms" over the Internet. However, I have absolutely no reason to suspect they are HIV related.

Semen-ized Earrings That Haunt Me
Cut on the finger - worried father (your advice is life saving medicine to me)