Semen-ized Earrings That Haunt Me

I searched through all the questions I could find involving piercings, and nothing quite matched what I am worried about.

I had an encounter, we used a condom but semen ended up all over my chest. Im not entirely sure about the splash power of semen, although I have seen it do some pretty good bouncing on a couple of occasions. Anyway, I was wearing 2 pairs of earrings at the time (I have three piercings in each ear) and I left those earrings in for a long time. I might have changed & rearranged them at some point, not entirely sure, but recently I removed all of those pairs, cleaned a couple of them with antibacterial soap while I was in the shower, and left two pairs of them on a shelf in the bathroom.

Then it occurred to me that I was wearing those earrings during that encounter. The piercings Ive left them in and reinserted them into are healed, however, one piercing on my ears Ive recently begun stretching and I think theres tiny open cuts on it, perhaps a large open cut, I dont know. Its hard to see into the hole in my ear. I set down some earrings beside the ones on the shelf, then put them into those sore holes, only to panic and have a very unpleasant evening, afraid that I might have contaminated myself.

I want to assume that those earrings have no trace of anything left on them whatsoever, after so long a time. I did test negative for HIV at approximately 8 months, but I hadnt moved those earrings into the open sore holes. Im pretty sure Ive touched them since then, I think my current boyfriend might have even sucked on them once or twice (which is really nice, by the way) but they never got to open sores as far as I know. I do shower on occasion in scalding hot water, and those earrings probably got cleaned that way countless timesa couple of them have screw on tops (spikes, as a matter of fact) though and Im worried something could have been living in there? Once you unscrew the spike, thats the end you insert into your ear, so if something was living in the grooves it would definitely get into my ear.

Ive read that sharing earrings is a bad idea, and I dont know if this counts. Can you tell me for a fact that even if I stuck those earrings in a big, gaping wound, nothing is left on them that would hurt me?

Also, I know this post is long already, but I just want to say its really encouraging to see that Im not the only basket case out there. I actually have OCD, which is a nice contributor to my paranoia and my boyfriends frustration about the fears I have and the torture I put myself through (not literal torture like whips and chains, but mental torture). I was on medication and I went through therapy and I was so, so much better, but then I had this sexual encounter, trusted false promises like people do, and since then, once in a while, something pops up and I become terrified. I keep wonderingif Id never gone to therapy, if Id stayed the same paranoid wreck, I never would have had sex with that guy and I wouldnt be worried about this now.

However if that were true I also wouldnt have the boyfriend I do now, of 101/2 months, whos probably the best thing that ever happened to me. Lifes funny like that, right? I feel like if I make even one little slip and if theres a trace of this semen on anything, Ill either get it and pass it to my boyfriend or hell touch something and get it himself, and then everything I love will be ruined.

Thank you for reading this, and I really hope that you respond, because I just want to lay this last thing to rest. (Im not afraid of other things now, like the stuffed animals in my bed that I might have rubbed my chest on that night, I know that HIV couldnt live on those cute stuffed guys for very long and my sister, who kept those animals when I moved out, is just fine and healthy and jolly and unaware that her sister is a slut who should have known better.) If you can tell me what I should do about those earrings, I would appreciate it so much. Whether you do or not, as soon as I can afford it (which might not be for a while, unfortunately rent takes all priority) I want to donate some money, maybe not a lot but something around $40.00 because you do a great service for people like me who cant live without worrying.

Hello Haunted Earring Gal,

The splash and bounce power of spunk is directly related to the power of the single-barreled pump-action yogurt rifle and just how "loaded" it was before firing off. Nonetheless, your worries are completely unwarranted on many levels. HIV does not live very long at all outside the body. Plus, your eight-month negative HIV test is completely definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No doubt your OCD and anxiety problems are being fed by your irrational and completely unwarranted fears of HIV. Since you were "so, so much better" with the help of therapy and medication, it may be wise to see the therapist again. Perhaps just for a tune-up or maybe even ongoing treatment to prevent these flare-ups.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your gift is warmly appreciated.

Be well. Don't worry!

eternal strife
Another Oral insertive in South Africa