Need an answer and need donation info.
Jun 18, 2008
Hi Dear dr.Rob
I had sex with CSW back in april . It was Protected sex . As this is my first time , I had that bad feeling of guilty . I am a husband and a father . I used Latex COndom and the pentration was only for 30 seconds then I ejaculate out of her and I checked the condom and it was intakt . I am pretty sure that I tried to force the semen to be in the top of the condom and nothing pass a way . I asked some ppl and some dr.s and they all told me no need for test coz I am in no risk . but I wanted to make my self in better mood. So I did test in 6,7,8 and 9 weeks and they all was negative ( Thanks God ) .
I also had ABBOTT COMBO HIV P24/Ab Test in the 4 weeks mark and it was negative also ( thanks God) . I want your answers to my questions:
1- Did I had any risk in your opinion? 2- What about my HIV Rapid tests in 6,7,8 and 9 weeks which was by using the serum? 3- What Do you think of my Combo test at 4 weeks, I heard that this test is recommended by the Factory at 28 days? 5- CAN I HAAA HOOO AND HAVE NORMAL LIFE WITH MY WIFE ?
Note: I didn't feel any symptoms at all .
Please Dr. I want your Answer .
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.
2. HIV-antibody tests, including rapid tests, taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. Certainly your multiple negative tests out to nine weeks are extremely encouraging and the negative results are to be expected considering your minimal risk.
3. Combining an HIV-antibody test and p24 antigen test may shorten the HIV window; however, the formal guidelines remain unchanged at three months, despite what the manufacturers might say.
4. My advice would be to level with your wife. It's the best way to confront your guilt and also it's the right thing to do. If you desire a definitive negative HIV-test result, you'll have to wait until the three-month mark.
5. Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.